Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Simply Tuesday


I've been looking forward to this day since Friday night.  My dear friend and I made plans for me to go to her house today and to have lunch together.  Such are her days, for now, because she has two little ones.  I remember those days like they were yesterday!  I know how hard they are, and honestly, I think that's why I don't remember much about them.

That got me to thinking about my niece, as well, who has the twin daughters and who is pregnant with her second set of twins--and I ended up calling her yesterday and we talked for a solid hour.  It felt good to do that, to laugh and to encourage her a bit as she thinks about the days to come when she'll have four under the age of four. 

Doesn't that make you think of how sweet it is to encourage one another?  Whether me with my friend, or with my niece, we should all do this for each other, as often as we can.  It's good to do this, and it's biblical! 

And let us watch out for one another to provoke love and good works, not neglecting to gather together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day approaching.  (Hebrews 10:24-25)

I think it's so important to uplift one another and to meet and have fellowship.  A phone is great and all, and social media has it's place in all of it, but neither of those things can replace the importance of a phone call or a get-together.  And I think that as our seasons in life change, how we use our time should change, as well.

I am an introvert down to the very inner part of me, and sometimes I have to force myself to get out and extrovert with people.  This is not easy, it's not natural, but such is how it needs to be from time to time.  Because my husband is gone all week, and when he's gone I'm sorely tempted to never set foot outside of my house, I made myself have plans for most of this week.  Today is one day--I made plans with my friend.

Even if it is for just part of a day, it's very important for me to invest in these friendships that God has given me.  It also feels good to be able to be this for someone, because all my friends have done the same thing for me.  I always appreciated a quick visit, a text, or a phone call from those I love most.  Quality time is my top love language, so it all makes sense that I'm like this. 

So that's my day.  I have dinner planned and will put it into the Crock Pot before I leave home to run a quick errand or two around ten thirty this morning, then I'll come home and make my lunch to take to my friend's house and spend the afternoon with her.  What are your plans for this day?  I'd love to hear!  Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...