Tuesday, February 4, 2020

simply Tuesday and things from my phone


I have not been consistent with blogging or social media lately, and sometimes when the well runs dry, I have to search for other ideas to write about.  Hence, this post and the title.  I started to do a Prime Purchases post, and a linkup with another gal in the blog world, but I linked up with her yesterday and don't want to seem stalker-ish. 

So, here goes.


First up is the book I finished last night.  I don't always share about the books I read because I don't read Christian fiction alone.  I do read that category from time to time, but I've read so many of those authors for so long, that they all start to sound redundant and plus, I've read all their books.  That being said, I'm sharing this one, because it was so good I could hardly put it down.  I started it on Saturday and read half of it in a couple of hours, didn't pick it up at all on Sunday, then finished it last night when I started reading it again after dinner.  It was suspenseful up until the very last page, and I was shocked at how it ended.  If I had to give this book a rating, I would give it a strong PG-13 rating because of language and a couple of scenes I skimmed past.


I shared this on my Instagram stories last Tuesday, and I still love how his new tires and wheels look.  Graham has had the wheels for months now, and he finally saved up enough to purchase the tires to go on them.  He gets a lot of compliments on his truck that is completely his, and he also sometimes gets a cup full of sweet tea thrown on it.  (Yes, that really happened a couple of weeks ago.)  People are dumb.


I literally laughed out loud when I saw this on Good Housekeeping's Instagram page last week. 


I got a haircut last week, and after a week of being used to it, I like it more than I did at first.  I never love a haircut the first week or two I have it, and it went from being SO BIG to this, so it's always a shock.  Think Whoopie Goldberg.  It had grown really long and it had also grown out sideways, it seemed.  This is much easier to maintain and style. 

Also last week, I mentioned my stepdad having some surgery on here, and I thought I'd let you know that he is doing great and going for a checkup today.  Hopefully he'll get the okay to drive again soon!  I think he and my mom are going to celebrate by eating Mexican food for lunch.

If you prayed for him, thank you!  It was one week ago today.

On my agenda for today are fun things like dusting and vacuuming in my bedroom, maybe rearranging my book shelves (I always say this, though, so don't get too excited), doing a load of laundry, and going to grocery shop for lunch and dinner things.  I don't have any Bible study homework this week, so usually I'd be doing that, so this will be my day.  My husband won't be home again until later on tonight, so it's just me and three out of four of my sons (Noah's working). 

I hope you have a great day! 

Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. That cookie meme is so funny and so true. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! And it is definitely true. I can always be enticed to do better with cookies. 😂 Thanks! I hope the same for you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...