Wednesday, November 13, 2019

wedding weekend, Long Beach, MS

Remember when I thought I'd post about the weekend on Monday?  Yeah.  This blog was about the furthest thing ever from my mind.  I was crazy busy all day Monday and Tuesday, and am writing this on Wednesday night.  I skipped church to stay home and recover.  My feet may never be the same! 

Anyway, last Friday we left for Long Beach, Ms.  Our friend Marissa got married on Saturday night, and our family is so close to her.  Also helping was the fact that she doesn't live too far away.  We tried to leave at nine, but got away around nine thirty.  I was happy with that.  We made it all the way to Jackson before we stopped for a restroom break and lunch.  We ate at Moe's and then got back on the road.  We got there around four fifteen, and I promptly went and looked around.

We were right on the beach.  It was so, so cold when I took this.  I got some coffee and went upstairs to change, then we left for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. 

We were SO COLD!  Turns out that ocean wind is strong, even thirty minutes from the beach.  The wedding was taking place outside, so they'd been out in that, and I had gotten cold and couldn't warm back up.

We didn't stay very late and then left for the hotel. 

I was asleep really fast, if you can believe that.  The next morning we ate breakfast, and then I went to drive around and look at cute beach houses.  Nobody wanted to go with me!

I went back to the hotel and we went to lunch at a seafood place.

They all ate po'boy sandwiches, but I had this huge bowl of gumbo.  I ate every last drop, it was so good!

This was right near the restaurant, and had it not been too warm, I would have gotten some coffee here, but I was hot.

We went to the hotel to change for the wedding, and then left again.  The venue was 40 minutes away, so we spent a lot of time going back and forth.  Graham was an usher in the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful!  Todd watched the Alabama game through most of it, and went to the car after the ceremony to finish watching, then he came back in and ate dinner.  We ran into some friends at the wedding!  And we ate and laughed, and had a grand time, despite the score of the game.

We gave them a fake send off for pictures, then their photographer offered to take my family's picture.

A Christmas miracle occurred, and in the first picture she took, we all managed to look like we had it together.  I love this picture of us!

We said our goodbyes right after this, and left.

Why stop with just one?  I couldn't resist a picture with just me and the boys.

We left around ten thirty the next morning, went to Marissa's parent's house for lunch, then started the drive back home.  Todd had a terrible headache and I drove for an hour, then Graham drove us the rest of the way home.  It is always so good to be home!  It was a great weekend, and I had really high expectations of how I thought it would all turn out.  My expectations were met.  I am so glad we went for Marissa, and that the six of us could all be together for a whole weekend.  These moments are rare and very few and far between these days. 

I'll take any amount of time I can get with them. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Tuesday- a few random things I haven't mentioned recently

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I thought I'd share a few things I may not have mentioned on the blog lately.  First up is mother's day— F...