Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Simply Tuesday


I love this week day.  It's simple, most often mundane, and defined by moments that are ordinary to anyone but me.  Just this morning, when I came into the kitchen to read my bible, I was praying before I got started.  I said to the Lord, "Thank You for yesterday, it was wonderful; but help me not to keep depending on those moments from yesterday.  Give me new insights and treasures from Your word today, because it's a new day." 

I also love the verses in Lamentations 3 that talk about His mercies that are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness! 

I've tried to get back into the habit of thanking God the minute I wake up in the mornings.  I might say, "Good morning, Lord.  Thank You for this new day!  I love You."  I know it may sound silly to some,  but I need for God to be the first person I speak to every morning.  And of course, I thank Him for my day, because He gave me another day here on earth with people I love.  I love the verses in Colossians 1:16-17 that talk about this.

"For everything was created by him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been create through him and for him.  He is before all things, and by him all things hold together."

I feel like I gave you a glimpse to the inside of my heart in sharing those two things, but this is something important to me, this life I live with Jesus, and I have to share about Him.  He has been faithful to me, to my family, and these are ways I pray before I get started each day.  Another way I pray everyday is that the Lord would help my husband and sons (and me) to love Him with their hearts, souls, minds, and strength, and to love others as they love themselves.  I'm always asking Him to draw us all closer to Him, as well, and to draw us all to read His word. 

There are other ways I pray, but everything else is hinged on this one prayer: loving God with everything in us, and loving others.  I ask Him to help us be faithful to Him, as He has been faithful to us.


I shared this on social media yesterday, but do you have a bible reading plan?  The reason I ask is because I thought I would share mine.  Just yesterday, I started in 1 John 1.  I'm reading the new testament along with my church family, and we read one chapter a day, five days a week.  We use the HEAR method: Highlight a verse that stands out, explain it in context, apply it to your life, and respond in prayer. 

It's my opinion that everyone needs a bible reading plan.  In my own life, if I don't have a plan to adhere to, I'll not be consistent in my reading.  There are so many other options, and the YouVersion app is free and a great resource to use, if you're looking for something else.

Anytime I read in the bible, I write in my journal.  I write the date and where I'm reading.  As I read, if a verse stands out to me, I will underline it in my bible and write it out in my journal, and I might say why it stood out to me.  This makes me fly through journals, but is that really a bad thing?  I also write out prayers to the Lord sometimes, because writing is so much easier to me than speaking.  If it's a situation I'm going through in life, I will always update it as the Lord answers.  I was able to do this yesterday.  I'd written about a trial I was going through yesterday, and I prayed about it, then I was able to give an update because the Lord answered how I prayed, which was to move on someone's heart.  (He doesn't always answer fast, friends, but we can trust in His perfect timing.)

I also write out any lists I need to remember, like my daily list of things to do.  I use one journal for everything until I finish it, and then I buy a new one.  I've tried spirals, I've tried notebook paper, but my go-to is a journal that is pretty and that I can stick in my purse. 


Here's my current journal, the one I bought from Hobby Lobby to use for all of November and December.  My store didn't have anymore, but you can look online.  It's made by Brother Sister Design Studio in Oklahoma City.  They also make my favorite wrapping paper that Hobby Lobby sells.  

Well, this wasn't at all what I intended to write about today, but it took a turn, and I'm trusting the Lord with it, because I always ask Him to use whatever I write in any way He sees fit.  I pray this encourages you in your quiet time today.  Love to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...