Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  On...you guessed it!  It's Thursday night and I'm writing this.  By the time this publishes tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be on the road with my family.  More about that in a minute, though...

I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends Erika and Narci, for this blog post.

I'll start from last Friday, and then make my way forward.  My dad came over, per usual, and we ate a yummy lunch, because it was cold outside, and I knew he would be freezing.  I'd made chicken tortilla soup that week, and we enjoyed the leftovers.  We talked, and also as usual, solved all the world's problems.  Our Fridays fly by, and I always love our talks.  I drove him home, and came home for about thirty minutes, then went to my church for a concert that was taking place that night.  I was volunteering for it, and was there by 4:30.  I was with them while they were eating dinner, the guests we had, and was around to answer any questions.

Also, David Phelps may or may not have accidentally put gravy on his salad, thinking it was balsamic vinaigrette.  I was laughing and texting my best friend the whole time.

Saturday, my best friend picked me up, and we went to the funeral of a friend's daughter together at my church.  My family was there as well, but we had already made plans to ride together, and we both like to be early.  It was a hard service, but also beautiful at the same.  I know that seems strange to say, but the student pastor did an incredible job.

I was pretty much spent after that, so I came home and put on comfy clothes, and watched Hallmark Christmas movies the rest of the day.  My people were all gone that night, so I went to Mom's and Bill's for dinner.

Church was the next day, and I didn't feel great, so after the morning service, I stayed home the rest of the day.  I felt a little scandalous because I missed choir, but my stomach wasn't up to sitting and singing for two and a half hours.  It was kind of nice because Todd and Graham got home around four, and it was good to spend time with my man since he worked all weekend.

I felt much better by Monday, and went out with my mom.  We always enjoy our time together, and the time flew by!  I had a hair appointment at two to get my hair trimmed and colored.  Hair day is the BEST day, and always a favorite of mine.


Look at all these cute Christmas things!  This was at Michael's.  I didn't buy a thing, believe it or not, though I was tempted.

Well, I did buy one thing.


But I had planned on buying one already, so it wasn't an impulse buy.  I was on the hunt for a new journal just for the months of November and December, and this one is perfect.  New journals are my favorite, for real, and this one is from Hobby Lobby.


Fresh hair!  This was also a fun mail day, because I got a new book I ordered for a study on Advent in these weeks leading up to Christmas, and I finally got the new Christmas ornaments I had ordered from Amazon.  I also bought some of that lip balm made by O'Keefe's, and it's my new favorite lip balm.  Mine are always so dry or chapped.

We had pizza for dinner, because I was beat by that point and never made it to Kroger.

Tuesday and Wednesday were my favorite days of the week, because I stayed home both days.  It was glorious.  I spent a long time with the Lord on both days, and in prayer, and  I am always so grateful for days of Sabbath.  To me, it doesn't matter which day I consider a day of this type of rest, as long as I get a day.  The Jewish people observe this from sundown on Friday night to sundown on Saturday night, and Christians observe it on Sunday, but Sunday is about as far from a Sabbath as I can get.  It's a day of run, run, run, and it takes a toll.  That's why these days are so important to me, and I'm very careful in keeping them.  It's rare for me to get two days back to back, but I gladly accepted them as a gift from the Lord.


I read for a long time in the bible, and wrote in my journal all that I observed in where I was reading, and I prayed, and then I sat and read a book for most of the day.  I sat right here all day long and enjoyed the leaves falling and the squirrels rustling in the leaves outside.  I had these three kitchen windows open all day long.

Last night we had a guest speaker at our church, Dr. Erwin Lutzer, and he was phenomenal.  I was able to somewhat keep up and I took notes, paying attention to being careful, because I promised a friend I'd share them with her.

I worked at the church for a little while today, finalizing some things for our big event taking place next week, and then I went to Kroger.  In the rain.  Not the best thing I've ever done, but I got it out of the way and changed into something warm and cozy after I put all the groceries away.

We are leaving for town this morning, around nine, for the weekend, and I am so excited.


Like, this excited.  It's been a year and a half since just the six of us traveled alone, and I can't wait to get away and enjoy my family all weekend long.  Our dear friend, and honorary family member Marissa, is getting married on Saturday night, and we're going since it's not far away from us.  Well, it's about six hours away, but that's not too far.  Hopefully we'll get away by nine and arrive there around three, around check in time.  We have the rehearsal and dinner that night, and some free time the next day before the wedding.

Traveling with the people under the same roof as me is my favorite thing in all of the world.

I will write about it on Monday, most likely, before my busy week starts.

Today, an article I wrote for Tirzah Magazine was published, and I thought I would share it with you.  Click HERE to read it, and I pray you're encouraged and challenged.  I'm a staff writer for them now, which just means I'll be contributing several times each month, but I've been writing for them for a few months now, submitting anything the Lord gives to me.  It's funny how He keeps giving me ideas to write on...all of a sudden, it's like a floodgate that opened up, and the words are flowing. 

Thanks for reading my blog!  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Love to all!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...