Tuesday, October 29, 2019

weekending & Simply Tuesday Things

It's funny how sometimes a whole week goes by before I even realize it.  It's been that long since I've posted, and a lot went on in all those days.  It's been a little hectic over here, which seems to be my new normal.  Just a few months ago, it seemed like I was at home all the time, never doing much of anything.  And then God...and then I could just stop right there.  It seems like the Lord keeps on giving me opportunities for new things, and for that I'm grateful.  But more on that in a few minutes.


I thought I'd start with this.  Sometimes the Timehop app and Facebook memories just about knock me over.  This is one such picture.  We were on a camping trip with a bunch of people one year, and this little guy was part of one of the families.  He was so young here, and it was a combined effort in keeping vigil over him and helping keep him occupied.  And then, insert my middle son, Drew.  This is my son who is in nursing school and whose dream is to someday work at St. Jude Hospital here in Memphis.  He definitely has a calling on his life, and he has always loved kids of all ages.  He also works at a Christian daycare, and has been there for almost one year, and he LOVES his job.  And the kids love him. 


This was me Saturday night.  And Friday night, for that matter.  I love watching the Hallmark Christmas movies, and thanks to my best friend, I can do this all throughout the next two months.  Woohoo!


I saw another of my best friends today!  She just had a baby and I loved getting to see her, and her precious kiddos!  Any day I get to play with a cute kid and snuggle a baby is a good day in my book.  I worked at our church for a little while today, and this was after that.  I came home to eat lunch and then I stayed here until almost five. 


I mean, LOOK.  His little face is so precious.  I am a sucker for a baby's mouth and profile.  I love him and his big sister so much. 


I just shared this on social media tonight, but I'll share it here, too.  I would love for you to come to this, if you're local to me!  There are a few tables left with seats at them, so if you're interested in this, sign up quick!  Here is a link for you, should you want to join us.  The blue links are tables listed that still have seats available.  The tickets are $25, and your dinner is included, along with a performance by our guest artist, Jonny Diaz.  Childcare is free, should you need that.

I'm really excited about it~or, I will be once the time arrives.  I always consider this to be the kick-off event of the holiday season. 

As for the simply Tuesday things...I'm spending part of the day with my mom.  I never got to do that last week, and I missed our day out together.  We always eat lunch and find fun things to get into and imagine together.  The last time we spent a day together like this was the day we browsed all the Christmas aisles at Hobby Lobby.  At some point in the day, I need to make a really quick stop at Kroger for a few things pertaining to dinner. 

I'm looking forward to it. 

Earlier I mentioned how the Lord keeps giving me opportunities to do new things, and last week I applied to be a permanent staff writer for an online magazine, Tirzah Magazine.  I've been writing for them lately, but this is more permanent, in that I'll be a regular contributor.  Along with that, I'm starting something new at our church involving me writing even more, and I couldn't be more thrilled and grateful if I tried.  I never want to take these things for granted, and the Lord is always faithful to answer my prayers in His perfect timing.  It seems like when I took a step out in faith and in obedience to what He was offering to me, things like this started happening. 

Before these latest things happened, I started writing a series of children's books based upon one of our dogs, and though I submitted it to several publishing houses, and they all wanted to publish it, it is very expensive to do that kind of thing, and rather than wait around to see how it all would play out and go back and forth with them over deadlines and contracts, I put all of that on a back burner for now.  I may pick it up again at a later date, but for now, I want my writing to be more intentional than the series of children's books I started on.  Like I said, the ideas are all still there and I actually wrote one full book already, and I've started on several others, but for now, I feel like I need to let go of that idea.  Notice I said "for now".  If the Lord wants me to pick it all back up again, I will, and I'll reevaluate from there.  He will provide to me the path He wants me to be on, and it's exciting to get to fully lean on and trust on Him. 

Whoever said the life of a believer is boring never knows how false that statement is.  It's the exact opposite.  I live life with open hands, and in full surrender to God.  What He wants me to do, I'll do, and that is thrilling! 

Well, thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 






No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...