Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  It feels like the first normal Friday in weeks.  My house isn't a train wreck, my dad is coming over for lunch and to hang out, I know (somewhat) my plans for tonight...this is the kind of day that I love. 


I love the month of October.  When September is usually confused about what weather to give us, October is always decidedly more fall feeling, and that makes it my second favorite month.  My first favorite month is December.  Another reason I love this month is because this is the month of our wedding anniversary.  Today, the fourth, is our 23rd. 


This was us last night, celebrating one day early, and those pretty garage doors you see behind us were our early and very expensive present to each other.  Ha!  Not really, but this is the year of our home and us making many, many improvements and updates. 


This is where we ended our night, a stop at my favorite place to shop.  We shopped for new couch pillows, a new painting to hang over our couch, some soap for the downstairs bathroom and a new candle for me.  I also treated myself to some new shirts yesterday from Marshall's, and one of them is what I wore last night.  This green color is one of my new favorites. 


I love a new month, partly because I love a new scripture writing plan.  The theme for this month is one of my favorites. 


Y'all.  A good church sign is one of my favorite things.  I love what this one says!  My friend Missy and I always talk about the subject of being busy, and how so many people wear it like a badge of honor, but it's not!  Satan thrives in our busy-ness, and if we're not careful, we could easily be led astray. 



We're still reading in the New Testament as a church family, and we are in second Timothy this week.  This is one of my favorite books in the New Testament, and I have thoroughly enjoyed all the reading this week. 


I wrote about some hurtful things my boys have been experiencing lately, and it was inspired by this picture I saw in my Facebook memories this week.  It's one of my favorite pictures, and so many of you reached out to me to encourage me about what they're going through.  I appreciate that so much, and it was so sweet of people to share stories with me, about how they knew what it was like, and that they would be praying for them. 


I'll leave you with this last picture, and it's when Drew left home this morning, to report for his first day of clinicals as a nursing student.  Bless him, it's going to be a long day, but Jesus and caffeine will get him through it, I am sure.  The boys all went to the FedEx forum last night to watch the opening night for Tigers basketball, and they didn't get home until about eleven thirty.  I know Drew didn't fall asleep right away, so he's functioning on about four hours of sleep at the most.  That's not an ideal way to start off with clinicals, but he'll survive.  I fully expect him to be passed out at eight thirty tonight. 

Thanks for reading!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends Erika and Narci, for this blog post.  Y'all have a great weekend!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't comment yesterday, but your post really touched me. It can be so hard to see your teens go through tough times, especially when friend groups change for seemingly no reason. I hope Drew had a great first day of clinicals...what a big step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure can be hard! They've put up enough of a wall by now that some of the sting is going away, but it still hurts my heart for them. Thank you for that! He just got home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...