Monday, September 9, 2019

Meal planning & Hello Monday


I'm writing this on Sunday night, and I am on the uphill swing from having a stomach virus over the weekend.  It's not exactly how I would have planned to spend these past couple of days, but I'm glad to be done with it, and that it wasn't any worse than what it was.  (There is a small chance it was the meat on the sandwich I ate on Friday afternoon for lunch, because I remember at the time thinking how weird it seemed.)

Just to be on the safe side, I stayed home from church and choir practice today.  I hate missing a Sunday, but when I have to, I'm always glad that we offer a live stream for anyone, anywhere.  It was so good!  We had one of two of our annual picnics at church tonight that I'm missing as well, but it's okay.  I wasn't super excited about sitting outside in this unbearable heat.  I think today was the hottest day we've had so far this summer.  Not that I could tell, because I am still inside.  I haven't seen the outside since Friday at three fifteen.

On a positive note, I found a really good new show on Netflix.  It's called Northern Rescue, and it's a Netflix Original.  I won't tell you what episode I'm on, but all I've done since Friday night has been done from my chair in the living room.  You should check it out, if you're looking for a new show.  I have also finished three books.  Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, First Love by James Patterson, and Eight Twenty Eight by Ian and Larissa Murphy.  I started book number four of the weekend earlier today, in between loads of laundry.  That book I started earlier after finishing Eight Twenty Eight makes my fifty first book of 2019.  I am ahead of my goal I set for myself with reading more this year.  I think this may be a first.  In 2018 I only read about thirty six books, to give you some perspective on why I wanted to read more.


I finished this one right before the church service started this morning, while I was waiting at the kitchen table.

I feel like I'm winning already this week, because I know what is for dinner the three weeknights that I cook, and I've already placed the order for all of my groceries that will be needed for that, and to refill what we've finished.  I've been using Pinterest like a mad woman lately, but in a good way, like being inspired for dinner ideas for the week.  I am working on Monday and Thursday this week, and will be gone most of those days, so I needed something good and easy.

I mentioned the three weeknights that I cook: those are almost always Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  On Wednesday night, we're at church, so I depend on leftovers or something easy to make.  I like to do the same on Friday nights, because we're all in different places.  Saturdays and Sundays just depend from week to week.  They all love going out with friends, so when I know they're doing that, I just find something for us to eat for anyone who is here.

I'm so excited about Tuesday night this week, because Todd and I are having a very special date night downtown!  I was invited to a private screening of the new show that was filmed in Memphis, Bluff City Law, and after we watch the pilot episode, there will be a panel with the actors, where we can ask them questions.  Afterward is a "Memphis style" reception.  All of this takes place in an old theater in the downtown area.  I have no idea why I received an invitation to this, but the email that came through was from NBC Entertainment.  We're both pretty excited about it, though!  You know there will be pictures, so no worries.  I'll share about it on Wednesday.

Well, have a great day and thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

I am linking up with Tanya over at The Other Side of the Road for this blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Your date night sounds incredible...can't wait to hear about it! Thanks for the tip on Northern Rescue. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! I wrote about it today. ❤️ You're welcome! Thanks for some comment love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...