Tuesday, July 16, 2019

wash, rinse, repeat


(This cracked me up when I saw it, and then I remembered that not only did I go to Walmart, I went to the capital of Walmart with my best friend!  Fun times.)

This post has nothing to do with laundry or cleaning.  At this point in the summer, I think I'm just trying to survive.  For instance, JUST when I finally fell asleep last night (around eleven thirty), I heard Drew's truck rev up as he and his friend made a late run to Kroger.  I'm assuming this, because I woke up to the remnants of midnight pizza on the stove, counter top, and kitchen sink. 

Seriously.  Midnight pizza, after the dishwasher has already run its cycle.

I know, I know.  I'll miss these days, but I was irritated last night and trying to just keep it all to myself as I rolled over and tried for the millionth time to fall asleep. 

Also, my youngest two keep using all of the gas in Madame Blueberry, and I was aggravated about that as well. 

I'll be so glad when school starts back, but don't tell any of them I said that.  I love that they're having so much fun this summer, I really do, I am just someone who loves and craves routine.  This happens to me every summer, mid July. 

Just keeping it real. 

I need to clean the house and catch up on laundry again, but for some reason, I'm struggling with the "want to" of doing anything other than sitting and either watching a show on tv or reading a good book.  I don't know if it's the heat or just me being extremely lazy or what, but I feel like the whole house is in disarray.  I know it's just all of the coming and going of busy sons, but the whole house needs attention and they need to be home to do their share. 

I get to a point where I can take everything for only so long, and then usually, I reach the point of explosion.  I'm seriously praying even right now, that doesn't happen, and I stopped writing this for ten minutes and made a list of things to do all over the house, including in the garage.  I feel better now that it's all written down, and knowing that by the weekend, it'll all be how it needs to be again.  (I often pray 2 Corinthians 10:5, about taking captive every thought and making it obedient to Christ Jesus, and it certainly helps me, especially with putting things back in perspective.) 

Also, part of the mess is mine and my husband's.  We need to figure out what to do with a couple of things, and I need to work on two piles in our bedroom.  I come to a point when there's so much to do that I get overwhelmed, until I stop and write it all down and then just start tackling it all.  I'll start on several of the things on my list today during the day, after I've caught back up on my bible study homework.  (I'm not going anywhere today, until tonight, when I'll hopefully get to go out to dinner with one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in way too long.) 

In the meantime, other than losing my self control over the condition of my house, I've been reading some books.  Some I love, some I didn't.  I started this one over the weekend, but really got into it and to the halfway point last night.


I've never read one of her books before, not that I can remember.  I think I've tried one or two, but I stopped because I couldn't get into it or because I lost interest.  This one is really good, though.  I have another library book waiting on me when this one is done, one by Sally Hepworth, whose books I always love. 

There are a couple of movies I want to watch either on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon right now, too, so I'm going back and forth.  (Christopher Robin, Mary Poppins Returns, 5 Flights Up...there are several newer ones that Netflix recently added.  I was pleasantly surprised.)  I'd like to watch Hallmark Christmas movies, too, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me to do so, so I'm having to find other movies to fill some time. 

Some other thoughts...

I have a couple of things I'm praying about right now, within the church body we attend.  One is just an overwhelming urge to pray for my pastor and for the other lead pastors.  I was talking to my friend the other day, and a pastor shoulders a LOT of burden.  If you don't have your church pastor on your everyday prayer list, consider adding him. 

I'm studying the book of Galatians right now, and it is so good!  In a month from now, the women in my church family are starting up the fall semester study, and we'll be going through this study that my friend Amy wrote.  It is just like how we did Malachi back in January...we will start in small group, and discuss the homework and pray, and then we'll meet in the larger group and Amy will teach.  I'd love for you to join us, if you're local to me and would like to plug in somewhere.  There will be a Monday morning option or a Wednesday night option.  I tried to find a link, but there isn't one posted yet.  As soon as it comes out, I'll share about it again, for anyone who may want to join. 

I'm not wearing the walking boot anymore!  I've been out of it since last Thursday.  I am still being really careful, but it doesn't hurt anymore.  It is hard to walk around without limping...and I keep on catching myself correcting it, even though I'm not in pain.  I know that sounds weird, but six weeks in a boot will do that to your walking gait.  Also, it feels so good to dress in different clothes.  Because of the boot, I was only wearing shorts or dresses, mostly dresses.  I had on actual pants on Sunday at church!  (Again, I have only been wearing dresses there.)

I got my nails done last week.  I said I wasn't going to do that, but I caved.  I'll continue with this for a while, and then I'll stop again.  It's a pattern. 

I didn't cook one time last week.  We lived on sandwiches.  I made the fixings for nachos last night, and only Todd and I were here to eat them.  Well, Drew had some as an appetizer before he went somewhere for dinner, but I'm not counting that.  I'm making their favorite meal tonight for dinner, so I'm on a roll this week.  (Rolling my eyes at my own self.)

Well, I need to stop procrastinating and get moving on this day.  Thanks for reading!  I'm in a better mood now that I wrote all of this than I was when I first started.  Six hours of sleep and me are not good for each other...I need another hour, at least.  I know, I'm complicated. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...