Monday, July 1, 2019

hello Monday linkup/ weekending



I didn't mean for a week to go between posting again, but sometimes, life happens.  I don't remember a whole lot of last week, but it was minimally busy, and I think I was just worn out every single morning.  (Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, or I sleep fitfully...I think I just had a lot on my mind from the weekend that had happened prior to last Monday.)

That being said, I love a fresh, new week and a new month!  I'm linking up with Tanya at The Other Side of the Road, and her friends, for this blogpost. 

I got the weekend started by having Dad over on Friday.  We usually go somewhere for lunch, because he likes to eat out, but I wasn't in the mood to leave home.  I made a super easy and quick lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and chips.  We had some fruit for dessert, and I made some of those break-and-bake cookies. 

After lunch, we sat and chatted and solved all the world's problems, and we talked about the importance of praying for our President, and then all of a sudden, it was three fifteen and time for me to take him home. 


I almost always stop at the end of their driveway and take a picture.  Sometimes of the lake, sometimes of these trees that my Pappaw helped him plant many years ago.  I have always loved pine trees, and I especially love this pine tree lined driveway.  It's so beautiful out in the country, and everywhere I look, I see God's beautiful creation.  One day a couple of weeks ago, there was a blue heron standing in the shallow waters of their lake.  It was beautiful and majestic looking, and then it gracefully flew away.  I love when I see things like that. 

That night for dinner, Todd, Graham, Jonah and I met up with my in-love's at a local place for dinner.  It was really good!  All the guys got catfish, but my mom and I opted for a smoked pork chop (her) and chicken (me).  We came back home after, and the guys here all went and did their own things. 

On Saturday, I decided to cook an actual meal (usually they all eat out and I eat something leftover), so I went to my happy place, and then to Kroger.


I got some great books to read this time, and can't wait to read them.  I haven't been great at reading lately, because of binge watching shows on Hulu.  (I'm rolling my eyes at that.)  My goal for July is to read more.  I only read three books in total for the month of June, and most of what I picked up to read, I put back down.  Life is too short to read mediocre books.  That is my new motto.

We ate dinner together Saturday night, then everyone did their own thing again.  Toddley worked a shift, and I watched episodes of my latest show. 

Yesterday was church!  I have to stop here and confess something.  If I don't feel great, I don't always want to go to church.  I seriously debated on staying home and watching the livestream.  I am still in a walking boot (on my left foot), and the entire right side of me hurts.  Well, mainly that foot, ankle, and knee.  I wear a shoe comparable in height, so it's not that, I think it is just that this boot is heavy and I am forty two.  Like I said, I contemplated staying home.  But I also missed last week, when my best friend's brother passed away, so I really don't like the idea of missing weeks in a row.  The more you do that, the easier it is to keep on missing.  I forced myself to get up and get dressed early, and then I left home at nine thirty, even though church doesn't start until ten forty-five.  I drove through McDonald's to get breakfast, then sat in the church parking lot while I ate. 

I often go early, then sit in my car and pray before I walk in.  I no longer attend a Sunday school class because most Sundays I sing on the praise team, and since I no longer help teaching in the youth, I never really found another class.  Because of all that, I still like to go early and pray before I walk in.  I do that to prepare my heart for worship, which is something I never thought much of until the last year.  I mean, I did sort of do this kind of thing before, but now, not a week goes by that I don't do this before walking into the building. 

But back to how I had contemplated on staying home from church.  I forced myself to get up and get dressed and to leave the house before it became too tempting.  Sometimes we just have to do that...force ourselves to get up and get moving.  The enemy wanted me to stay home yesterday morning, but I refused to cave in to what he wants.  I do think he messes with us any chance he gets, and while I don't ever want to give him TOO much credit, I think that really, we don't give him enough.  We don't realize, often times, how he operates within us who are believers.  There is a verse in Ephesians, I believe, that says not to give him a foothold.  And the bible says that he is the prince of the world, though Jesus is King. 

The more we miss out on attending a worship service, the easier it is to make that a new habit.  I didn't grow up that way, though, and we've not raised our kids in that way.  If one of them got sick when they were little, that one child and one parent would stay home, and the rest of us would go.  Even after attending a very late night dance in high school, my older boys still went to church the next day.  I let them make that call, but I was proud of them for their decision.  If you're a young parent reading this, read this again.  Make attending worship services a priority in your family!  It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that you must do this to go to heaven...you don't.  I do believe you can worship anywhere, but when you actually attend a service, the church body edifies and encourages one another.  It is so good to sit under a Godly pastor. 

It doesn't stop with Sunday, though.  I spend time with the Lord almost every single day.  (Notice I said "almost" everyday.)  I always talk to Him, and the older I get, the more I am inclined to praying before I do anything else.  I was talking to my best friend about this last night, the importance of praying before committing to something.  I write all that to encourage you.  Find a church family you can call home.  As long as the church is sound in doctrine (the Word of God), any church almost would suffice.  There are some we need to beware of, I believe, that are not based entirely upon  Scripture.  You also want a church that actually addresses sin.  You would be shocked at the number of them today that don't ever mention sin.  It's all grace.  (And there is a time and a place for grace, but before we receive it, we must first acknowledge our sin.)

Moving on, now, I pray that encourages you. 

The rest of yesterday consisted of eating lunch at home, then going to choir practice (I've missed it!), and then coming back home and eating dinner and putting my tired foot up.  Todd and Graham worked a shift last night, and I went to bed moderately early after washing my hair.  I LOVE cool showers when it's hot outside, right before bed, and then climbing into cool sheets.  It took no time at all to fall asleep.  I am looking forward to a short week around here and going to the lake with friends on Thursday.  It's been ages since we've done that, and floating in a lake on a noodle sounds heavenly. 

Since today is the first of the month, here is the new Scripture writing plan for July.




I love doing this and always look forward to a new, fresh month.  I didn't do great at this in June, but that's okay.  I will start over with today and just move forward and try my best to keep up. 

Well, laundry and Kroger clicklist are calling my name.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 


2 comments:

  1. I have felt the same way about reading lately. I've started and stopped so many books this month. And I always tell my kids (and myself) that you'll never regret "making" yourself go to church or getting out to exercise. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is so true. I hope you have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...