Tuesday, June 4, 2019

a request?


I think sometimes that when we are going through hard times, the enemy likes for us to stay silent about our struggle.  I think that if he can somehow keep us in that way of thinking, he thrives.  I love what the book of James says about praying for one another, though:

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed.  The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.

(James 5:16)

I said all this to a friend in a text last night who reached out to me after a post I made on social media yesterday, asking how I could pray for people.  I posted this beautiful picture of some irises, and was going to say something different, but before I could even think more about it, I was asking how I could pray for my friends.  Several of them reached out privately to me, and if that is one of you, or if you commented, know that when I say I will pray, I will pray.  It's always an honor to be able to lift up needs to my heavenly Father on behalf of others, and it's refreshing to know that someone is praying for you, if you're the one in need of prayer.

Another thing that friend and I talked about in our text is listening to worship music.  That's another thing that the enemy hates: turning our panic into praise.  There are several songs I love right now, but two in particular stand out to me when I am needing to change my focus from ME to God and Who He is.

The first one is Raise A Hallelujah that K-Love has just started playing.  It's been around for a while, though, and I've loved the lyrics ever since I first heard it a few months ago.



And this second one is called Surrounded.  Michael W. Smith is singing on this one.



That second one is like an anthem I sing to Jesus on the topic of warfare.  It's just good to sing to Him, friends, and when we take our eyes off of ourselves and the situation stressing us out and put that focus onto Him, before we know it, our perspective has changed.  There are times I walk around singing music.  Sometimes it'll be music playing on the radio, or on my phone, but usually, it's just lyrics like this second video. 

I say all this to say this one thing: if you are struggling with ANYTHING, grab you a trusted friend and reach out to her.  (Or him, if you're a guy reading.)  Confess it all to that person and just ask them to pray.  If we're not honest with our close friends about our real life struggles and issues, how will they know how to pray?  Just yesterday, another friend battling cancer for the second time reached out to me, and when she asked me how she could pray for ME, I just told her what my number one prayer always is, and it regards the people who live under the same roof as me.  I have only said all that to one other person, because it's REAL and it's not very pretty.  There is power in prayer, and when two or three gather together in the name of Jesus, He is there with them, in the midst of that prayer. 

I'll leave you with another verse.

The LORD is near all who call out to him, all who  call out to Him with integrity.

(Psalm 145:18)

Reach out to Him, friends.  He is there, waiting and listening.  And ask another person to join you in praying.  I have already prayed for all those who asked me to yesterday, but I will keep it up, as I've written their names down in my prayer notebook.  I know when I need it and reach out, they would do the very same for me.  Don't stay isolated in your battle, reach out. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a post of random and unrelated things on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm running low on content ideas this week, so when in doubt, why not write a post of random things?  We had o...