Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Life Lately

I've started and stopped writing two posts this week, because I wasn't "feeling it" on either one.  In light of that, I thought I'd share some fluff today on the blog, because when you can't think of anything else, fluff is fun.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty low key around here.  Todd and I were at home together all day on Saturday, which is so rare, but it was nice.  We stayed in comfy clothes all day, I didn't waste makeup since I had no plans to leave the house, and I read.  I finished one book that I'd gotten in the mail to read and review last week, called Ever Faithful (by Karen Barnett) and then I started my next book and finished it after dinner, it was so riveting. 


This was my Instagram post about the book.  There was some language and a couple of parts involving two characters that I skipped over, but other than that, holy cow.  This book was as thrilling as watching a suspenseful movie.  I couldn't put it down. 

(Not all of her books are this way, this one was a different style for her.)

After church on Sunday, we made impromptu plans to eat lunch with Mom and Bill afterward. 


The sun was in our eyes.  I love that we go to church together.  And lunch was delicious, and believe it or not, we walked right in and there was nobody there hardly.  I've gotten to where I don't like eating out on Sunday because of the after church crowd, so I was very pleasantly surprised at the no waiting. 

On Monday, Jonah started his new summer job!  He is working with a sweet man who owns a flooring company that we go to church with, his son, and another co-worker.  He works a few hours every week day and gets off early in the afternoon.  He said it's hard work, but he loves it and has jumped right out of bed each day ready to work again.  The men are all incredibly kind, and he has enjoyed getting to know them.  Knowing him, there is no shortage of conversation with him around.  I miss him during the days, it's way too quiet without him around!


This is his lunch bag I pack for him each day, but he never really eats that much, because he doesn't get that hungry.  He does drink a ton, though, so at least there's that. 

Also on Monday, I grocery shopped on Monday and replenished what the boys ate over the weekend and then made a simple dinner that night, and then last night we had Todd's mom and dad over to celebrate his mom's upcoming birthday. 

Today I have big plans to go to the library.  :)  My happy place.  We are sharing one vehicle, basically, while Jonah is at work in the day, so things are a tiny bit tricky for the moment, but we are managing.  I thought I'd take the opportunity today to get out and drive my car that I never get to drive anymore. 

One last thing is this article I read this morning...I thought I would share it here, because we are never too far along in society to not teach manners to our kids. 

Click here on this article put out by Good Housekeeping magazine, if you think that sounds interesting. 

Well, that is about all I can think of for now.  I hope your day is great.  Thanks for reading and love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...