Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I love this day already, and it hasn't started.  It's my favorite week day, my dad is coming over for lunch and to visit for a while after, it's the start of spring break week for the local students around here (and my own two), and my favorite man is coming home!  A little time away from your spouse is always good for the marriage (absences makes the great grow fonder), but I'm officially ready for him to be home. 


I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for this blog post. 

I mentioned yesterday how this week had been weird for me, and I had some extremely lazy days.  It's because Todd has been gone.  I think that when he is away, I change, and end up neglecting all the things I usually keep up with on a normal week.  Having one less person's laundry to do makes a bit of a difference, but not so much that I shouldn't neglect the laundry all together.  I did that.  I washed two loads this week.  Even with five people here instead of six, that is not good.  The other way I change is that I miss having him here to talk to at night.  Even if he's just here and we don't "talk"...having him here makes a difference.  I miss him when he's gone for this long, and it's like I just try to fill all the time by reading a lot and watching tv a lot at night.

I usually read a lot at night, while he watches tv, but this week I did a lot of both.


This is one of my favorite pictures of us.  And in honor of me being glad he's coming home.

On another note, anyone knows me knows how much I love the scripture writing plan I do every day in my quiet time.  This week that writing took me to one of my favorite passages. 


I love these verses, and the promise they hold.  It's so good to read something like this when you're going through a tough time.  These afflictions are light and momentary! 

When I was a teenager, I watched the show Beverly Hills 90210.  It wasn't JUST when I was a teenager, but also while I was in labor with Graham, at the hospital.  (Yup.  True story.)  I always loved Luke Perry on that show, and his character that he played, Dylan.  I heard last week that an official reboot of the show is being talked about and planned, and later on in the week, I heard he had suffered a massive stroke.  But when I heard on KLove that he died, I was so surprised. 

(Sidenote: I love that KLove mentions people in pop culture, and that when they mentioned this, they asked us to pray for his family.  I did that while I was driving, on my way home from taking something to Graham on Monday.)

When I saw this, I laughed at the accuracy of the statement, because for anyone who is near or in their forties, they can sympathize.


The bottom part cut off, but it said, "WE ARE NOT OKAY."

He was my teenage crush, along with every other girl in America in the nineties. 

On a lighter note, I got to spend some time with one of my best friends this week, and after we ate lunch and visited, I got to babysit her precious little girl. 


I took a bag with quiet time things inside and a book to read, but all I did was sit and watch her play, or I played with her.  She is so much fun right now, and I adore her.  This has to be similar to how grandparenting must feel.  It's fun!


On Wednesday, I went to bible study, and then afterward, went to lunch with another of my best friends.  We ate Mexican food (give me ALL the chips and salsa) and caught up on each other's lives.  Even though she lives here now, we don't see each other that often, but it never matters.  We always just pick right back up.  We've been friends for at least a decade now, and I will forever be so thankful for how God knit our hearts together in those early days. 

Friends are good, but friends who point you to Jesus?  The best.



I show you this old picture of my oldest son's truck, because the one I took last night was terrible quality, but we rode in his truck to my mom's house last night for dinner.  It is so TALL.  It may not look like it, in the top picture, but trust me, it is.  I had to use this to get into the thing.


No shame.  It worked.  I used it to get out, too, once we got to Mom's.

They all laughed at me, but whatever.  I didn't kill my back this time, like I did the last time when I tried to get in without help. 

I love spending time with my boys.  I'm so proud of them all, and I genuinely love being with them.  The teenage years were always years that I dreaded when they were young, because of what people always said, but they've turned into my favorite years of all.  I love the relationship we all have, and how much fun we have when we're together.  We laugh, they mess around with me, and I with them, and we talk about EVERYTHING.  They're all about to be one year older, but I'll write more about that next week. 

Thanks for reading my blog!  I hope you have a great weekend.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...