Monday, February 11, 2019

weekending/dreary Monday

Todd and Graham were out of town for most of the weekend, so things were pretty low key around here.  On Friday night, Noah went to a friend's house, and Drew stayed at the neighbor's house, because he was watching their cat.  So, Jonah and I were here alone.  I had been craving fried rice, and wanted to attempt to make it, so after using Google to find the recipe that looked the best, this is what we had for dinner.  (When I made this, I thought four of us would be eating it, so I doubled the recipe.  There was plenty, needless to say, but it was finished off last night.)


It was SO GOOD.  Here is a recipe for you. 

I made a couple of changes to the recipe.  First, I used half olive oil and and half sesame oil to fry the egg and saute the veggies.  I also added a splash of both oils while cooking the rice prior to this.  (This recipe works best if the rice is leftover or made early in the day and completely cooled.)  Second, the veggies I used were a whole bag of frozen peas and carrots.  They were perfectly diced.  I just let them drain in a colander so that they would be thawed.  The recipe didn't call for a garnish of toasted sesame seeds, but it was much better with them, because it added a little crunch to each bite.

Seriously, you should try the recipe.  It makes for great leftovers, too, which I didn't think would be the case.  I had this for lunch, and so did Noah, and then Drew finished if all off for part of his dinner last night, along with the leftovers we brought home from Nana's and Big Daddy's Saturday night.

For the rest of Friday night, Jonah worked on polishing my car.  He got a polishing tool for Christmas, and he has been wanting to try it out.  He worked on it Thursday, and Friday, Saturday, and again last night.  He's still not done.  #perfectionist

On Saturday morning, I went to a baby shower for a sweet friend, then came home and took Jonah to Popeye's for lunch.  I got gas and tried to find a new shirt of pair of pants (for the second weekend in a row) and didn't, so I came home and watched a show.  Drew and Jonah went to Drew's team's basketball game (Drew is a coach this year).  That night we went to my mom's for dinner. 

Todd and Graham made it home safely around one thirty a.m., praise God.  I always worry when I know they're tired and on the road.

Sunday was church all day, which I love.  It's not "church", necessarily, but choir for me starts each week at three in the afternoon and lasts until five thirty, so it does kinda feel like it.  I came home and made us a quick dinner, then I sat and read.  I had to quit the book I was reading, and so I started a new one I bought, and I'm thinking I may have to quit this one as well.  February hasn't been a great month so far, for reading.  Hopefully that'll change.  Poor Toddley, he went to bed before eight and slept until seven thirty this morning.  He was exhausted.

I'm home all day long today, and I am so happy to be.  I have plans to catch up on laundry, clean the downstairs, vacuum, enjoy a long quiet time, catch up on bible study homework, read, and eventually, cook dinner.  Sounds like a perfect Monday to me, because it's supposed to rain on and off all day. 

Well, thanks for reading my blog.  I hope your day is great.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...