Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Prime Purchases link up


Happy Tuesday, friends!  I am doing (yet another) link up today, since I love them and "meet" new people via their blogs.  Also, I love seeing what other people buy on Amazon Prime, and I am always on there looking, even though I don't usually make a purchase.  I have all kinds of things saved to lists, though, like books and things I'd like to buy eventually. 

I'm linking up with Tanya at The Other Side of the Road again, for this monthly series.

Five days into the new year, I purchased these puzzles for my great nieces birthday, a kind similar to this.



They are easy for them to do, at two years of age, they are wooden, and they're simple.  All those factors made them an easy choice for a gift.  They love books, and I started to get them each a book, but my boys LOVED these kinds of puzzles when they were young.  Click HERE to see which ones I picked for them.  The ones I picked were Farm and Vehicles.  They were a hit, so I'd call that a win. 

My next purchase for the month is this quick dry polish, by Seche Vite. 



I always use this stuff.  Always.  I polish my nails every few days, and if that is something you do yourself, this is a must have.  It's what a lot of salons use in their manicures.  It's like a top coat, but once you apply it, the polish is totally dry in about twenty minutes.  I'm still careful, because if you hit your nail hard enough, it'll mess up, but to the touch, they are dry.  HERE it is on Amazon. 

A bottle of this stuff lasts about four months, because once it gets to a certain point, it gets gummy, and you just have to toss it.  Adding polish thinner takes away its fast drying abilities.  Ask me how I know.  Thankfully, it's inexpensive.

Next up, is this book.



Nowadays, I don't buy a lot of books.  I like to borrow them from the library.  This is one that sounded so good to me I wanted to buy it, so that I could share it afterward.  I love sharing books and love having books shared with me.  HERE it is on Amazon. 

(I have a library book to finish, then I'm going to read this one next.  I'm on book two for the month so far, so this will be number three.  To read my January book review, scroll down a couple of posts, I mixed it in with Friday Favorites last week.)

And last, but not least, I bought this polish.


I mentioned that I do my own nails, and I recently had to throw away a bunch of old polishes I'd had for YEARS.  I am slowly building my collection back up, and this is one of my favorite colors ever.  It's called Alpaca My Bags.  HERE it is on Amazon. 

PSA: I know that $10.50 sounds like a lot for polish, but no other polish goes on as smoothly or lasts as long as OPI.  I've tried a lot of brands, including all the drug store brands like Sally Hansen and Revlon, but they cannot compete.  I've also tried Essie, and while I also like that brand and it goes on smoothly, it chips very quickly on my nails.  I don't know why.  I know people that prefer Essie over OPI.  I'm on OPI girl, plus, with names like that, who wouldn't be?!

Also, I do my own nails, and I buy a new color every two or three months.  I was spending $20 every week and a half getting my nails done with gel polish at a salon, so I'm saving big time by doing my own now, and my nails are getting healthy again.  Gel polish tore my nails up and made them tissue paper thin.  They're still not great, but they're getting better.

I've already purchased several things from Amazon this month.  I'll share them next month, though, but they were either for my sister or for a gift for a baby shower I'm going to on Saturday.  With their prices and free two day delivery for Prime members, you cannot beat Amazon shopping.  Sometimes, I do prefer and actual brick and mortar store, like for clothes and shoes, but I've never been dissatisfied with our Amazon purchases.  Almost all of our Christmas gifts were purchased through Amazon this year, and it's like that every other year as well.  In the month of December, we have guys showing up with packages multiple times everyday, plus, Graham buys truck things through Amazon, and my hubby is always purchasing things through them as well.  Someday, I think Amazon may take over the entire world.  I cannot even remember what we ever did without it!

Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

6 comments:

Tanya said...

I also love OPI and Seche nail polishes. My kids used to love those wooden puzzles. Thanks so much for linking up with Prime Purchases!

Joanne said...

Oh I love that color; OPI polish is my favorite and is so worth the price.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

You're welcome! I'm so glad I found your blog,it has become one of my favorites! Also, I always get in posting ruts, so I'm loving fresh ideas. Have a great day!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, I completely agree! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Have a wonderful day!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

OPI is my favorite too. I have heard of that top coat many times and should probably try it!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

You definitely should! It is worth the six dollars (give or take)! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...