Monday, November 26, 2018

the weekend and a busy week

I loved every second of the time off my family had over Thanksgiving break.  Todd and Graham were off and Drew finished his last class on Tuesday afternoon, then was even off from work on Thursday and Friday.  It was glorious. 

On Friday night, we all went to my dad's to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We ate Mexican food, and it was the best meal.  We always love seeing his lights after we put them up, and I did get a picture, but it was raining and not all the lights worked.  Here's the one I took:


I think he had a timer issue with some of the lights, but by Saturday night, all was well again.  We will be going out there again so we can see ALL the lights the next time. 

Before we left for his house that afternoon, I watched my favorite Christmas movie (White Christmas) and Todd and Jonah built a box to go around the base of our Christmas tree.



We stuffed it with some burlap I had on hand, and I love the way it looks.  This will also keep our cat from eating the tree.  Hopefully.  I'll show the rest of my house one day this week, maybe, but I love the way it all looks for Christmas.  I went a little more with simplicity this year and didn't go overboard. 

On Saturday, I went shopping with my mom and sister, for a few things I needed to buy (some peppermint scented all purpose cleaner, some hand soap for the downstairs bathroom), and had the best time looking at all the Christmas decorations.  I love to look at all the beautiful things, but I only bought what I needed and practiced some major self control.  ;)

That night, my friend Missy and I got together with some of our girls from community group that we used to lead each week, and it was fun getting to catch up with all that is going on in their lives.  I had a moment of nostalgia as I remembered fun times gone by, and all the memories we made together when they were in high school, and honestly I was a little sad that things have changed.  Have I mentioned I don't love change?  It was a fun night, but it was bittersweet.  It was so sweet of one of the girls to invite us along for the night.


Sunday means we're at church, and the service was incredible!  The worship was so sweet, and I am loving the series my Pastor is preaching, on getting involved and serving.  I am so thankful for our church home and family.  We had choir practice yesterday afternoon even though there were no services that night, because our Christmas night of praise is THIS Sunday night, December 2.  If you're local, I would love to have you there!  It starts at six, and at Collierville First Baptist Church.  After rehearsal, I came home and watched a Hallmark Christmas movie.

It was hard getting everyone out the door this morning.  It was even hard making my first cup of coffee; I brewed my first cup in the Keurig with no cup in place.  I am rolling my eyes at myself.  But everyone made their way out, and now I'm about to make a couple of lists I need for this week to keep things straight.  I have something almost every night this week, but I think this is the only week it'll be like that.  I don't love being busy during this time of year, I love to take things nice and slow and soak up every moment of the time we have together during my favorite time of year.  The things I have going on are things like our town tree lighting, the town Christmas parade, a Wednesday night rehearsal and sound check for the night of praise, going to my in-love's to get all their Christmas out of the attic, and a few other things. Everything is fun, it's just all in this one week. 

Well, I need to stop writing, I suppose, so that I can get started with this day.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  Thanks for reading, and love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...