Monday, October 1, 2018

weekending

Happy Monday, and happy October!  I love this month, too, especially because it's the month that my husband and I got married almost twenty-two years ago.  Our anniversary is this Thursday, the fourth. 

It was a great weekend, and I thought I'd share some of what made it fun. 

On Friday, my friend Missy and I had a conversation about doing a few errands together that night, so that is what we did.  Graham did something with Rachel, Noah went to his friend's house for the night, and Drew, Jonah, and Alex all went and grabbed something to eat.  Missy and I went to Costco first, and ate dinner after we had shopped.  (Todd was working that night.)

After that we went to Lifeway, and I feel like I should let it be known that I didn't spend even one dime while I was in there.  We went for our new Bible study books, but they only had two copies.  I'll be ordering mine on Amazon, I suppose.  Lastly, we went to this new place.


I know we were kinda late to the game, but we went together for the first time last October when we were in the Dallas area.  It seemed appropriate that we went to this new location for the first time together, too.  We both got some things, but the one thing I wanted most, they were out of.  (Dark chocolate peanut butter cups.)  The thing about Trader Joe's is that you need to know what to buy.  I follow a couple of people on Instagram that always talk about their purchases, so I know from them that what I got would be good.  You need to do your homework first, and then go shop. 

After this, I proceeded to drop Missy off at the door of THREE different grocery stores so she could buy a cookie cake for her son's birthday, and she hit the jackpot at the third and final stop of the night.  The other two stores were out! 

On Saturday I stayed home until later in the afternoon.  I read a new library book and finished it, did some laundry, and that was about it.  That afternoon, we had a choir family get together with food and (huge) fireworks.  Our worship pastor said he had fireworks, and that they were big, but he wasn't kidding!  There were a few he set off that were HUGE!  I went to this alone, because Todd had a wedding he worked at with a friend, and none of the boys would go with me.  If you know me at all and hear that I went to this alone, that is a huge deal.  I almost talked myself out of going several times, but I'm so glad I didn't.  (Introvert problems.)

Yesterday was church, and then choir practice, and right after that I went and grocery shopped for the week. 


Last week, four people in this house went through almost thirty-six eggs.  It was mostly Drew, though.  He likes an omelette every morning and I use either three or four to make him one.  Plus I made some for Graham and Todd a couple of mornings.  So this was me shopping last night, trying to just get enough to make it through Thursday. 


I haven't done scripture writing all year, but I'm thinking I'm going to start back because I miss it.  So here is the plan for October, in case any of you feel the same way.

Well, laundry is calling my name.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...