Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, for the writing of this blog post. 

Also, consider yourself forewarned, this one's long.  I had a really great weekend and week, so there are lots of pictures.  I'm starting with last weekend, because it was my favorite weekend I've had in a while.  Actually, I've had two of those lately, the one when we went to Nashville for my sister's birthday bash, and this past one.


I love this guy.  He gives the best hugs ever.  It was such a fun weekend, celebrating him marrying his beautiful bride, Terri.  He made us all laugh repeatedly over all his nervousness, but he did great and never once embarrassed himself.  He was nervous because he hates the thought of people watching him.

This was at the rehearsal dinner a week ago, at a place in The Ville called Jim's Grille.  I wasn't impressed by their food when I went there several years ago, but it was so good this time!  I had a fillet, and it was perfectly cooked.  (Medium rare for me, thanks to my step dad, who made me start loving it that way.)


Favorite wedding party members ever.  Kinsley and Kylie were the sweetest little flower girls!  They RAN down the aisle, in their giant cloud puff dresses and glitter tennis shoes.  I already miss them.


Historical homes are my favorite, and this one at the wedding venue (Heartwood Hall) did not disappoint.  I love old homes!  You can feel their age as you walk in and see the original floors, stairs, woodwork, and as you hear the rickety floor creak and groan with every step.  I sincerely wish I'd taken pictures of the inside, but my sister Lisa threw a baby at me (that wasn't one of ours), and I was distracted by his screaming. 


He's my favorite wedding date.

Like I said, it was such a great and fun weekend. 


On Sunday and Monday, all my family left here to head back home.  I met them on the square here in The Ville to say goodbye, and I called Missy, because she works on the square, to come out and meet them, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

Three of my favorites, all in one picture.  Also, she always says that she hopes her son Tyler has twin girls, so here you go.


On Tuesday, I spent part of my day at the hospital with my in-love's because my dad-in-love had his second knee replacement.  We went to visit that night, and to take them a yummy dinner, and this picture still cracks me up.  Todd was repairing the clock above that entertainment unit, and I busted him on the chair as he was coming back down.  He's my favorite form of entertainment sometimes. 


Later that night, I finished my new favorite book by Kristin Hannah.  You should read this, by the way!  I literally could not put it down. 


I got to watch this sweet little one on Wednesday afternoon while her mommy went to physical therapy, and LOOK at how sweet she is!  She fell asleep on me for about five minutes, and was so comfy and cozy.  Baby snuggles are always one of my favorite things. 

Also...


...this is my newest favorite nail color.  You can also see it on my nails with Everly.  It's called Alpaca My Bags.  Is that not the cutest name?


They were sitting so pretty for their mama for this picture.  Treats are their favorite.

(Left to right: Crash, Chip, Callie.)  I never in a million years would have thought I would have THREE inside dogs at the same time.  Todd created a monster when he brought Andy the Wonder Dog home all those years ago when Jonah and Noah were three.  I will say that they definitely enrich our lives, and make things not be so quiet when all the kids have deserted us.


 This precious friend is one of my favorite people ever.  Her name is Teresa, and we were on way into the sanctuary for the night of praise we had last Sunday night.  She always has such a sweet smile on her face, and is the picture of joy.  I'm so glad God brought her and her family to this area, and that we've gotten to know each other!


I saw this on Instagram, from Sacred Holidays, and it was one of my favorite internet images all week long.  This led me to looking at what some verses said about being holy or set apart, and I had a little mini-bible study session that morning.


Yesterday went down as my favorite day of the week.  I got a ton of things done before noon, so at five after twelve, I came in here to settle down and finish the book I started the night before.  And I did.  A clean, put together house is always one of my favorite things, and so is reading a great book. 


Last but not least: this is my new favorite way to eat okra.  I sliced it, drizzled olive oil and sea salt onto the top of it all, and roasted it at four hundred degrees for twenty five minutes.  If you roast it long enough, it gets crispy, but Noah and I were too hungry that day to let it go any longer.  It is so, so good!  You should try it for yourself.  (It's not slimy once you roast it, but it is while you slice it.)

I told you it was going to be long!  I had a lot going on this week.  I'm looking forward to a slower paced weekend and week next week.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...