Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  This week was kind of a blur, since I was out of town from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon.  I spent the next couple of days getting things back in order from being gone for a few days, then before I knew it, it was Thursday night. 

I'm linking up with Andrea (and her friends) over at Momfessionals for this blog post. 

Hands down, my favorite part of the week was celebrating my sister Trish's fiftieth birthday in Nashville. 


(That was water in the bottle.) 

And also my sister Lisa surprising her by showing up to the weekend, was another favorite.


(Left to right: Debi, Lisa, Mom, Trish, me.)


And this one, just because.  We had so much fun!  We laughed til we cried, we shopped, we ate, we stayed up late, we swam, we caught up with each other and had great quality time together.  (Can you tell quality time is my love language?)

Like I said, this will forever be one of my favorite weekends ever. 

When we shopped in Franklin on Sunday, I splurged a bit and bought a couple of things for myself, one of which is this adorable cup for my coffee.  (The other was a really cute pair of gold earrings.)


It's by a company named Swig.  I think people use these for wine, but when I saw the lid with the slide closure, I was hooked.  I love my coffee hot, hot, hot and this definitely keeps it that way.  If I know I'm going to be away from it for a few minutes, I close the lid and it's still piping hot when I come back.  This is my new favorite coffee cup.


The fall bug bit me this week, and I pulled out all the decorations.  It's really my sister Trish's fault, because she bought me this new candle from Cracker Barrel on our way home Monday.  It's so yummy smelling!  Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love all the cute decorations.  They will stay in place until Thanksgiving night.  I even made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with homemade cream cheese cinnamon icing for my hubby for dessert last night, and they were DELICIOUS. 


Favorite things abound in this picture: cup, candle, quiet time stuff.  I was having a morning yesterday (and ended up having a mini version again last night), and the Lord was gracious to lead me to some passages in the bible to help me through.  One was from 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, and the other was from Ephesians 6:10-18.  I love when He does that! 

Last, but not least: weddings are my favorite!  I get to see my nephew Tyler and his fiance Terri tie the knot next Saturday night, and I can't wait.  Also, my whole family will be here for it, most of them from Colorado.  It's been fifteen years since all the daughters, spouses, AND grandkids have been together, and we are all eating dinner at my mom's house next Thursday night.  The two angels on the left will also be here, and y'all.  They are the flower girls in the wedding!  I'm dying.  I cannot wait to see it all, and see everyone.  I'll write all about it on the Monday following the wedding.  To make things a tiny bit more crazy, we also have a night of praise and worship at my church that Sunday night, and that'll take up part of the time.  It's going to be a long, whirlwind of a weekend that is going to fly by. 

I'll be recovering the Monday after, most likely.  And possibly the Tuesday after. 

Well, I need to get a few things done before my dad comes over for lunch today.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...