Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thursday things

This week is going by so fast!  I was hoping it wouldn't be that way, because I don't know how ready for Monday we all are around here (when we start school again).  I don't know why this still takes me by surprise, but whatever. 

Because it's Thursday, and the day of all things #throwback, here's a cute picture of my twins when they were about four.


They used to love having picnics on the back porch.  Funny story: they always asked me to buy those little sandwiches in the freezer called Uncrustables, and they were so expensive, so I just always made my own for them.  I invested in one of those Pampered Chef cutting things that was round and cut off the crusts, and that was what they had for lunch almost every single day. 

That was the only time in their life they ever enjoyed sandwiches.

This was my view at the kitchen table Tuesday afternoon.


It's one of my favorite sights, this table full of bible study materials.  It's been a long time since it looked like that, but I had a lot going on that particular day, and all my stuff took up the whole table, almost.  Any day it looks like this is a good day. 

I haven't seen my sweet mom in almost two weeks, so when she asked me to go to lunch yesterday, I jumped at the chance.  Then we ran a couple of errands. 


Yesterday was such a pretty day.  I was in the car waiting for her when I took this picture, and I said on Instagram that my favorite thing is to just share regular life moments together with people I love.  So even though running errands can be so boring, it's way better when I'm with Mom!  I'm just a simple girl and quality time is my love language. 

I ended up staying home from church when I found out nobody was going to be here (this is such an introvert problem and I needed to recharge) and watched a couple of shows before my hubby made his way back home.  We've been ships passing in the night lately, so I'm looking forward to a night at home with all of us here tonight as we say see ya later to one of Drew's friends about to leave for college.


Speaking of my hubby...we get to go to this next Thursday night!  I am so excited, it's kinda ridiculous, and it's a long story, but we get to go for FREE!  That makes it even better.  It's fun to get dressed up and go out every once in a while, so I'm really looking forward to that night. 

I was looking back at the last post I wrote this morning, the one where I talked about homeschooling and the curriculum we use, and I saw that I had a comment...so imagine my surprise when I opened it up to see who had commented and saw that it was the son of the founder of the company that puts out my favorite curriculum...Notgrass.  So thank you, Mr. Notgrass, for your comment on my blog, and if you ever want to send some free stuff my way for me talk about and brag on, feel free.  :)  (But even if you don't do that, your curriculum is still my favorite.)  It's weird that he found my blog post.  I was really surprised. 

Anyway.  Today I HAVE to catch up on all the laundry.  This week has been so busy that I've gotten way behind.  I also need to make a quick grocery store run, and I'm contemplating making a couple of my boys go for me.  I need to clean the house.  I need to do bible study homework.  There's so much.  I am looking forward to a day of not much, though, other than the few things I mentioned. 

Well.  Thanks for reading!  I suppose I need to get started on some of that stuff I just mentioned.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...