Monday, June 18, 2018

the weekend and a few other things

We had a glorious weekend.  Well, other than my sinus problem that made me feel sick, but I didn't let it stop me from having fun all weekend.  We got our start to the weekend on Friday. 

I was living vicariously through pictures that Drew sent me the night before at eleven, and couldn't stop looking at them.  I miss this kid when he's gone.


This was Drew and Griffin at Window Rock in Arizona.  He said they were fighting and then they started laughing because it looked like they were dancing.  Isn't that scenery beautiful?! 

I also came across this fun memory of Abbey and me from Arizona two years ago.


That was the summer we spent a ton of time together.  Like three and a half weeks.  First was the Navajo trip, then summer camp, then Street Reach.  I miss going to Street Reach so much! 

Dad came over at eleven thirty, and he, Jonah, Noah, their friend Weston and I went to McAlister's. 

Look how adorable he is in this hat.


I love this man so much.  I am so grateful to God for all the time He gives us together.  Our Friday dates have been going on for about twelve or thirteen years now, and the only time we miss is when one of us is on vacation, or if we're sick.  I LOVE that my kids know all their wonderful and amazing grandparents!  Memories are my favorite thing of all, and my kids have tons of them as well. 


Friday night came around and Toddley and I went out on a date.  The kids all went out together, and we tried a new sushi place.  It was DELICIOUS and cheap.  It's called Tokyo Grill, for all my Memphis friends, and it is nothing special to look at it, but the food is incredible. 

After dinner, we drove around and looked at houses.  We've decided (tentatively) that in about three years, we're going to sell our house and move into the Sea Isle area of Memphis.  The houses are old and charming, the oak trees hang over all the streets, and Mama wants a pool. 

And no, I'm not kidding. 

I am all for this plan!  Plus if we have a pool, the kids will all come visit often.

Todd and I used to drive around and look at houses all the time in our younger days.  It's still a favorite past time of ours.

On Saturday, I went out with my mom and my sister Trish.  We had fun!  We did nothing in particular, we just had lunch and spent some time looking in stores.  I don't love shopping, but every once in a while, I love to go and do this with them. 

Then I came home and finished my book.


Actually, I think I did this on Saturday morning, because I don't remember drinking coffee when it was a hundred and thirteen degrees outside.

That night Todd worked, and we all stayed home.  I watched a movie and called it a night pretty early.

Yesterday was church.  My favorite part of perhaps the entire weekend was sitting beside my mom and worshiping next to her.  We had an incredible service, from Sunday school to the main service, and I was blown away by all the men who sang in choir.  I had the day off from choir, and it was lovely!


My friend Debbie said she counted one hundred and forty men who sang!  My step dad Bill is in the top row, fourth from the left.  I made him go up and sing.  :)

The service was so sweet, and afterward, we celebrated Father's day by going to Booya's for lunch.


I didn't get a picture, but this one from last year will have to do. 


And this one of Dad and me was from five years ago, when we had a daddy and daughters date night.

I don't have one of Todd.

We came home and took naps and then he watched a movie or two and I read.


It was glorious.  I'm almost done with this book.  This month has been great, as far as books I've picked.  Last month was full of duds.

We just snacked for dinner, and at eight, we went to get Drew!  I was so glad to see that boy.  I miss him when he's gone.  He told me he would be sleeping in today, and it's ten o'clock now, and I still haven't heard him moving around. 

And, just for fun, here are some of what came up on Timehop this morning. 


I love these guys!  Alex, Ben, and Andrew are the extras.  We were swimming at Mimi's.


And this cracked me up, because I vividly remember this day, the day my then-79 year old dear old dad dove into the pool and just about gave me a heart attack.  I positioned myself nearby so I could rescue him if the need arose.  I was just talking about this day last week, and then it popped up on Timehop today.  Funny.

On the agenda for today is all the laundry from Navajo and the weekend, cleaning, and a grocery trip after I meal plan for the week.  #fun

Have a great day!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...