Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for the writing of this blog post. 

It's been a week!  I can't believe it's already Friday, but I wondered this time last week if the next seven days would fly by, and they sure did.  I'm not complaining, though, because we leave Sunday after church for vacation, and I'm really excited about our trip. 

Here are some favorite moments and a few things from this past week that have been my favorites. 


First up on the list is our spruced-up house.  I came home from lunch with my dad last Friday to my wonderful husband pressure washing this awning.  It had pollen and something that looked like algae all over it, and our pressure washer hasn't been working right, so we kept putting if off.  He was able to repair it, though, and now we have a new-looking awning once again. 

Plus, y'all, I am married to the busiest man on the planet.  He works full time, he volunteers a lot of hours each month to the sheriff's department, he works at our church every Sunday, plus other times when he's needed to fill in (and extra money is always nice) and to help set up and tear down for special events, and he helps out his parents a lot.  He has little to no free time.  The sheriff's department gig is his outlet and hobby, though, and I'm pretty sure it keeps him sane.  I read for fun, he helps people. 

A house ready for company is one of my very favorite things, and having a party is great because it forces you to do things that may not normally get done.  In fact, a really sweet and godly wife and mom I know told me that about a year ago.  My friend Sunday's mom gave out some advice at a prayer dinner I attended, and that was one thing she said.


Saturday was one of my favorite days to date.  Getting married, having each of my kids, and their graduation days will always be in the top spots for favorite days in my lifetime.  I know it'll only get better, but wow.  We figured out the whole cap on top of his fro situation, and I think he looks extremely handsome. 



We were posing for the top pic and the bottom one happened.  These guys are a couple of my favorites as well.  And for fun, so is my dress.  I went shopping for some tops a few weeks ago, and in going to a store that I never go into, I stumbled upon this dress.  It's right at my knees, and it's super comfy and flowy.  I don't always love dresses, but this is one I will wear for a long time to come.  Bonus: it was $15.  The last one I bought was black, and I think I wore it for eight years. 

Also, let's note that I was having an excellent hair day.  They are very few and far between.


Monday night was another favorite night from the week, and one of the greatest events that our church gives for students that are graduating.  We attended a senior banquet honoring the high school seniors.  This man above is our dear friend and pastor, and he gave the students a terrific message about living a life for God.  I am so thankful for this man, and how he shepherds the body of believers we belong to. 

Also, they were twins. 


Moving to non-graduate stuff, my best friend tagged me in this picture on social media, and I thanked her and told her I'd already made plans to be up at four so that I could watch.  (I'm up at four thirty almost every single day.)  The royals have been my favorite subject this week, and I've been slightly obsessed.


Naps are my favorite.  This was me on Mother's day.  All I wanted was to not do one thing all day, and I succeeded. 


Jonah got a new car detailing job this week, and I went one way when I took him there and a different way when I came back home.  Country road drives have always been one of my favorite things, and this was a picture I took while I was stopped with no cars around.  I love this old building!  These were my old stomping grounds.  I grew up in the Eads/Fisherville area when I was a young girl.


On Wednesday, I started making all the lists for vacation.  List making is one of my favorite things to do, and these pens are also on my favorite list.  They're Papermate Flair felt tip pens, and I love their bright colors.  Colors and list making go hand in hand.


Also on Wednesday, I was catching up in my bible reading and before I started reading, I prayed that God would give my thoughts and plans order for that day, and I immediately thought of this verse, verse 33 close to the top.  That verse is one of my favorites.


And last, but not least...didn't everyone feel this way about the past couple of days? 

I laughed so hard when I saw this.  It's one of my favorite internet things from the week. 

Thanks for reading my blog!  I'll be gone for the next week, so I won't be back on here until after we get home from vacation. 

Love to all. 

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...