Wednesday, February 14, 2018

little ways we can love someone all 365 days of the year and some random pictures from my phone

Happy Wednesday! 

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

Happy Valentine's day!  (But I'm really not much of a fan of this day.)

I think I hit all the options for this day in those greetings. 

We don't do anything to celebrate on this day, but we do lots of daily, mundane life type things for each other all the time, and I thought I'd share about a few of them. 

Just a couple of days ago, I noticed that I had a full tank of gas.  I needed some last Thursday, and my sweet hubby took my car and filled it up for me when he went to run an errand that night.  He does that ALL THE TIME, and I am always so thankful when he takes time out of his busy schedule to be a gentleman.  I always make sure and thank him when he does this, because everyone needs to hear how appreciated they are every once in a while.

I make coffee and lunch for him every morning before he goes to work.  I started this a year ago, after I heard a preacher say that every morning he would pray and ask the Lord how he could serve his wife that day.  I started doing that, and this is the idea the Lord gave me.  I make his two cups of coffee, his giant cup full of ice water, and his lunch.  Granted, his lunch is nothing fancy, just some cheese sticks, a Cliff bar, and some fruit everyday, but it's one less thing he has to do in the morning. 

Todd takes care of everything car and outside related at our house, and I take care of all the inside related things.  However, he has been known to do anything inside that needed to be done, like vacuuming up the copious amounts of dog hair, changing all the light bulbs, fixing all the things that need repairing, and starting laundry.  He's handy.  (One thing he did a while back was buy all new more efficient light bulbs.  I love lamps and the front porch lights and the light above the kitchen sink, and knowing that, he bought me these bulbs so that I can leave them on all I want and it cuts down on our bill.)

I put away all his laundry after it's been washed, dried, and folded.  I could ask him to do it, and sometimes I do just that, but most days?  I just put it all away for him.  He has so little time at home, and I am here all the time, so why wouldn't I do that for him? 

These are just a few ways that we show love and honor to each other, but I could go on and on.  We've found that all these ways work really well for us, and with our schedules.  And to each his own, right? 

Moving on now, look at these gorgeous tulips I bought the other day at Kroger!


I love having fresh flowers in the house, and Kroger has the best selection of flowers for $7 and under. 


Truth.  If God loved us, we also ought to love one another.


Snail mail made me cry like a baby this week.  Seriously.  This was from my dad, y'all. 



Look at my little Chip!  He's so wrinkly sometimes, and his favorite spot is still in my lap.  I love this dog ridiculously, even when he drives me bonkers.  He's growing up so quickly!  I wish he would stay little forever, but even when he's fully grown, he'll still be my little lap dog.

We cuddle every morning between five and seven.  He always wakes up to be let outside, then he goes right back to sleep until I move, then eventually they eat breakfast, around seven thirty.

That's about all I've got for today.  I am staying home all day to do some things around here, then I have to be at church tonight at five thirty.  The rest of the fam will be there as well, and I'll end up back here alone until I go to bed, most likely.  I'm thinking they'll end up staying late at the church setting up for D Now.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...