Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  My excitement does not convey what I am presently feeling like inside.  I'm flying to Denver tonight, and I am a nervous wreck.  If you pray, would you pray for me and our flight?  It is icy/snowing here right now, and that makes my already in place fear of flying that much worse.  Plus, I have mom guilt in a huge way right now, and that also adds stress. 

BLEH.  I would rather be doing anything else on this day, than flying tonight. 

I know God is in control, though, and I am already comforted by my praying friends.  I posted an SOS on Facebook, because I needed some prayers.

Because of said flight, I need to get busy, so this will be short and sweet. 

First up on the list is reading.  It's been a favorite hobby this week.



I read my first Agatha Christie and loved it, and now I'm reading this one right above, Life After.  It's a new-to-me author, and so far, so good! 

I plan on reading on the plane, and listening to worship music.  I also really want to try to figure out a way to download some podcasts to my phone.  Per the suggestion of one of my dear friends, I've been listening to Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth the past couple of days.  Her podcasts for this week have been from her womens conference that took place back in September.  I've been reading her book Adorned with a couple of friends, as well, so I thought it'd be a good idea to listen to some more podcasts on the flight.  IF I can figure out how to download them, and I don't guarantee that I'll be able to do that.


I've been doing a bible study on the book of James with a couple of friends, and it's also been a favorite thing this week.  I loved these verses I read in Luke yesterday, in wrapping up the homework.  It became a prayer that I prayed for my husband, my boys, and myself.  I love when the Lord does that~highlights a verse and turns it into a prayer in my heart. 

I am behind in my chronological bible reading, but that's also been a favorite from the week.  I had to do some catching up on Monday night, and then I got behind again when I got sick this week.  If I'm sick, I can't concentrate that well, so I just skipped and figured I'd catch up. 

I plan on doing that today before I leave for the airport.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I would love your prayers for my flight today.  There is ice on the ground, and snow, and the temps are staying below freezing.  So, you see my need for asking.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...