Thursday, January 18, 2018

Colorado trip & some Thursday stuff

I looked back on last Friday's anxiety-ridden post, and I am so glad that is behind me.  If you know me, you know that I HATE FLYING.  I mean I really hate it.  All the parts of it, except for being in the airport and people watching.  I used to love it, and I don't know what happened.  I'll say it again on here, even though I've already said it on social media~thank you for praying for me last Friday.  I was a mess.

That being said, I had a great trip.  My plane landed at eight thirty something Friday night, and my nephew Jaret was there to pick up Mom, Bill, Tyler and me.  (Tyler is my nephew.)  We dropped off my mom and Bill at my niece Erika's house, then we went to see my sister Lisa.  We only stayed a few minutes, then they took me to my sister Debi's house.  Debi and Mike were out of town, but they let me stay at their house the whole time, and even let me use their car while they were gone.  (They got back on Sunday.)  I enjoyed catching up with my niece Nicole while I was there~we never get the chance to just sit and talk.  

That Saturday morning, I went to Aurora to pick up my mom and Bill for lunch.  (And bonus, I did not get turned around once!)  I am directionally challenged, even with navigation sometimes.  We ate at this cool place called Which 'Wich? and it was so yummy.  We went to Wal-Mart and then we went back to Erika's.


I got to hold these little lovies.  And play with them.  I'm holding Kinsley, and Kylie is on the right.  Their first birthday was Tuesday!  I can't believe they're one.  

We had fun playing, then all of us went to dinner at On The Border to celebrate Erika's birthday.  

I had a blast sitting with my two nephews, Tyler and Jaret and Bill.  We laughed and laughed and laughed the entire time.  I think our table was the most fun.  

After dinner, I went back to Debi's house, and while Nicole was at a movie, I caught up on my chronological bible reading.


I read about four days' worth, then the next morning when I got up for quiet time, I was able to read that day and I've been back on track since.

I lounged around the house all morning and straightened up a bit, got dressed, then drove to Erika's again, for the girls' birthday party.



How precious are they?!  It was a magical unicorn party.  

Knowing my niece Erika, of COURSE it was a magical unicorn party.

After the party, Debi, her hubby Mike, and I went back to their house.  We had Chinese for dinner and proceeded to go to bed at eight thirty.

The next morning we woke up to ice and snow!  Ice in Denver is really strange.



But we still got out.  We went to lunch, to see the babies again, and then to the grocery store.


We had dinner at home that night.  

On Tuesday morning, we got up and got dressed (after I re-packed my bag) and picked up Mom and Bill.  On this night, they would stay with me at Debi's.  We had lunch at a really cool place called The Yard House, then we looked around a couple of stores.


The mall we went to was beautiful...this was outside the restaurant we ate lunch at.  

After this, we went back to Debi's, and I took a nap.  It was lovely.

That night we went to Outback Steakhouse and had dinner to celebrate my nephew Austin's birthday.  It was SO MUCH fun.  I never get to be with Austin, and he is so humble and thankful for everything he got that night.  We've never gotten to celebrate a birthday with him.  


He's so handsome.  It was a really fun night.  


Left to right are Austin, Jaret, and Tyler.

After this we went back to Debi's (I cried quietly in the backseat, because I hate saying goodbye.) and I went to bed pretty early.  

We had breakfast before we went to the airport yesterday morning, then when we got to the airport, we looked around for some murals painted on the walls that have something to do with conspiracy theories (Google that about the Denver airport), and eventually boarded the plane to come home.

Todd, Drew, Jonah and Noah were there to greet us at the airport!  Graham worked yesterday afternoon and wasn't home in time to meet us, but after we took Tyler home, we went to Booya's together for dinner, and I was back in my happy place.  Also, this picture below is my happy place.  


I was unpacked, freshly showered, I had a good cup of coffee, and my little puppy was in my lap while all the boys played Monopoly in the kitchen.  Well, almost all of them.  Drew was upstairs.  I always love going to be with family in Colorado, but I am always most happy when I'm back home.  These are my people and I missed them all desperately!  

Today is laundry day and I'm getting a haircut at two.  I'll also make a grocery store run and then I'll cook dinner tonight.  

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...