Thursday, January 11, 2018

a couple of useful things pertaining to books and something yummy at Starbucks

Happy Thursday!  I was so happy to be awakened by my little Chip this morning at 5:50.  I hate going to bed at night when Todd is gone, and that was the case last night.  

Todd, Graham, and Drew left for Tupelo, Ms last night to work a youth event.  It's the third or fourth year that Todd has done this, and it's the second year for Graham.  They're doing all of the tech things.  It's a D-Now for several churches in that area, and they meet in an airplane hanger.  

I just think that sounds really cool.  

Anyway, I usually don't sleep well when he's gone, but I did last night.  Jonah slept in my bed and he slept great too.  

On to the useful things now...

In case you're not on social media, I saw on Karen Kingsbury's Instagram story this morning that on the Barnes & Noble website, there is a huge sale on her ebooks.  You can get all four books from the Sunrise series for $20.  That makes them five something a piece, and they're usually about $12 each, so this is great deal.  Here's a link for you.


If you've not read her books, what's stopping you?!  

Moving on now.


I finished my first ever Agatha Christie book on Tuesday, and it was SO GOOD.  I have another one coming today, per my sister Terri's recommendation.  I can't wait to read another one.  I loved Nancy Drew growing up, and these are so similar to me.  I love a good suspense book, but I don't consider it scary, at least not the one I just read.  Next up by her is Murder on the Orient Express.  

Also, for coffee lovers, have you ever tried Starbucks' Chai Tea Latte?  It's my favorite thing ever.  I always order a venti when I go, because it's not as bad as the coffee drinks, and it tastes like Christmas in a cup.  It's warm, kinda spicy, and so very soothing for a tired throat.  It gets flavor from cinnamon, nutmeg (I think), cardamom, ginger, and black pepper.  Don't knock it until you try it.  

If you try it and love it, at Kroger I found these little packets that you can buy to make your own at home.  (Think hot chocolate.)  You boil water and mix in the contents of the packet, and while it's not quite as good as what you would buy at Starbucks, it is pretty tasty.  Just pour in a little bit of the water at first, though, and the packets and stir it really well.  If you skip that part, it'll be grainy.  I added two packets into about 14 ounces of boiling water.  

I haven't looked at the health benefits of the chai tea lattes, but I don't think it has caffeine, or if it does, it's a lesser amount.  

This was a cozy day, in that picture above.  I was cold, and didn't feel wonderful, and had finished all that I was going to do at home that day, so this was me settling down for an afternoon of drinking hot tea and finishing the book.  Chip took the opportunity to take a nap in my lap.  

Well, I have a million things to do before this afternoon, so I'd better run. 

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...