Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals, and her friends, for this blog post. 

This week has been so nice, because it's been FAR LESS busy than last week.  I have taken a major step back from all forms of social media this week, because of that, just browsing instead of actually posting.  It's been nice. 

Here are some favorite things from this week.


 This is one of my favorite pictures of Graham!  He was ten when it was taken.  This was a night that we went and watched my dad-in-love graduate from a class he had taken.  I remember it like it was yesterday!  We sat at this round table, and per usual, the kids were all cracking us up. 

I love his little mischievous face and that glint in his eye. 

Also?  Timehop is my favorite app. 


So, years and years ago, in talking to one of my best friends one time, I found out about her that when she wears fuzzy pajama pants like the ones pictured above, she refers to them as lovey pants.  On Tuesday, after I had done all that needed to be done that day, and because I was so cold, I came home and put on my favorite pair of lovey pants.  And then promptly texted Andrea to tell her.  :) 

And I might have accidentally made her a wee bit jealous.  Sorry, friend! 


The dogs get all kinds of attention on the blog, but this one does not.  This is our cat, Twinkles.  We did not name her.  About eight years ago, some of our good friends were moving across the country, and they couldn't take their cats on the journey.  So one friend took one cat, and I forced Todd to bring home this one.  Y'all.  She is the sweetest, smartest cat I have ever had.  She thinks she's a dog, because she listens so well.  She is extremely social, and no joke, comes when you call her name.  She seriously listens better than Callie, our "broken" German shepherd.  She drinks all the water out of the dog bowls, and has been known to eat a piece or two of their dog food.  When I call them to go outside, she trots along behind them, crying to go out with them.  We don't let her out, though, because she has no claws, not even back claws. 

Isn't she beautiful? 

If I'm in the chair, she's in my lap.  She only sits with me, too, often times crying if someone different tries to hold her.  She's my favorite cat I have ever had.  I don't like having more than one cat, but I do love having her.  She alerts me to bugs in the house, all the time, because she is much quicker than the dogs.  A few weeks ago we had a roach in the living room, and I wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for her.  She and Crash work together on this, though, once she finds the bug. 

For this reason, I love having cats. 

When I'm busy, this is where she can always be found.


Yes, we bought her this little shelter to protect her from the mean old dogs.  They love to run up to her and sniff her.  She always yells at them, though, and will slap their noses.  She makes grown dogs cry. 

I love her.


Earlier in the week, one of our neighbors had a tree cut down in their yard, and this was where I found Jonah and Noah.  They were watching.  A favorite activity for boys is watching big machinery do things like that.  It was quite fascinating.


This was my favorite part of girl's retreat last weekend.  I love my friend Sunday's message about forgiveness.  I wrote this out on one of the blank pages inside of my bible.  I love using those pages for things like this.  On some of the other pages is marriage advice Sunday's mom gave at a prayer dinner back in May.  Doing this guarantees I'll not lose whatever I write inside. 


Quiet time by the Christmas tree is my favorite.  And in ONE WEEK, my Christmas tree will be to the right of our fireplace.  I cannot wait!


My kid was cleaning on his own the other day.  I caught him doing this while I was doing bible study homework and texted it to my husband.  It is my favorite, when my family does things for me without me having to ask them!  Jonah did this for me, and then last night Todd did something for me, and I told him this exact same thing.  I love random acts of kindness for the ones we love, and for those we do not know.

Well.  My dad will be here in one hour, so I had better end this and get ready.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...