Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends Erica and Narci, for this blog post.  To see their blogs, click on Momfessionals, and you can access theirs through hers. 

This week is a big blur!  Monday was spent getting ready to leave early Tuesday morning, and on Tuesday and Wednesday I was gone both those days.  Yesterday was spent with me doing laundry, vacuuming, having quiet time, and catching up with a friend~all while in my pajamas, because I was exhausted~and then last night I was alone and started watching a new (to me) show (The Good Wife).  Oh, and I caught up on all my favorite shows and am current once again (This Is Us, and The Good Doctor).  I also watched an episode of Gilmore Girls while I was in bed last night.

I suppose tv watching is a favorite past time for me.  I don't always watch it that much, but I was so tired yesterday, that it seemed like a good way to spend the day, once all my stuff was done.

This week is all about moments.  On Monday, after doing house work stuff, and getting ready to go out of town for one night, we had dinner with my in-love's.  Spending time with family is always a favorite thing of ours that we do, and we had not seen them in ages!  We went to Chick Fil A, then they came here for cookies and coffee.  My dad-in-love had knee surgery a couple months ago, and since then he has had a few other issues, so he's not really been out and about.  He was finally released to drive again last week, and now they're getting out again, so we were so glad to see them!

Tuesday morning at seven, I picked up my best friend Missy, and we hit the road to Dallas.


We got there, and met up with one of our favorite authors, Melanie Shankle, and her best friend, Gulley.  If you've never read a book by Melanie (also, writer of the Big Mama blog), you should buy her books and read them all!  They're The Antelope in the Living Room, Sparkly Green Earrings, Nobody's Cuter Than You, and Church of the Small Things. 


After this, we ate dinner at one of my new favorite places.



I'm sad we don't have these in Memphis, but if we did, it may not be one of my favorites.  Our waitress was adorable and so helpful! 

Then on Wednesday, we got up and drove to what is now one of our new favorite towns.


McKinney, Texas.  Their square was my favorite.  I thought Collierville's town square was adorable (and it still is), but this square was huge!  And more old fashioned, with neat shops. 

I knew about this town because of some of my favorite blogs, Momfessionals, and Mix and Match Mama.  I also happened to know it was close to Dallas, where we stayed Tuesday night, so why not?


I was really excited about Spoons Cafe, where we ate lunch, and now have a new favorite combo: fried okra and ranch dressing.  Who knew how delicious those two things were together?! 

On our way out of the town and back home, we loved driving down this cute street and looking at all the beautiful old homes. 

But this one was our favorite.


I LOVE historical homes!  And driving around looking at homes is one of my favorite things to do.

As much fun as it is to travel, there is no place like home.  I love being back home with all my favorite people, and I enjoyed my lazy day of catching up yesterday. 


I mentioned catching up with one of my best friends yesterday~Christa and her daughter came over yesterday afternoon to pick up some books she is borrowing, and ended up staying for dinner.  Todd and the boys left for a basketball game, so it was just us girls.  We had taco soup and enjoyed talking and being together.  They left pretty early because Annalise wasn't feeling that great, though, and afterward is when I watched all the other shows. 

It's been a great week, and I am looking forward to the weekend! 

Thanks for reading my blog!  Happy Friday, and love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...