Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  Oh, this day.  It's my favorite by far.  I love the thought of a weekend at home with the people I love most.  I love that my dad comes over every single Friday, and I love our talks.  I love that there is a built in day of rest for us and that we get to meet with our church family and worship the Lord together.  I love it all. 

I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for this post. 


We have had some beautiful skies to look at this week.  This was taken last weekend, when I was on my way to meet a friend for dinner.  I love clouds!  They're my favorite part of the sky to gaze at, but here is the reason why. 

"LORD, Your faithful love reaches to heaven, Your faithfulness to the clouds."  Psalm 36:5.

That's one of my very favorite bible verses, and I quote it all the time.  I also have a necklace my sister Debi bought me with a picture of clouds inside the globe, and it might be my favorite piece of jewelry.


Reading is my favorite hobby.  Sadly, I've not read this very much this week, but I'm about halfway through.  I will most likely finish it either tonight or tomorrow. 



Bible study and quiet time have been my favorite moments from this week.  I'm reading along with some online women a plan called Rest and Release, and I'm (sometimes) sharing the images on social media to post alongside them.  Yesterday was just one verse that we focused on, but usually it's a small passage of scripture to read, and we go back and forth between the old and new testaments.


On Wednesday, one of my favorite authors and bloggers came out with her latest book.  You need to read it!  I actually get to go meet her on Tuesday....but more about that next week.  Insert the excited face emoji here.


My favorite person in all of the world and I celebrated our twenty first wedding anniversary this week!  We went out to dinner and came home and watched The Voice after. 

I love him so.


At the risk of sounding redundant, this book is one of the best and favorite books I've ever read.  It's so informative with history, but it's fiction, so it is fascinating.  It's a fast read, but we're going slowly with it, in book club.

Today is hair day, which is always a favorite of mine as well, and speaking of that, I need to go get ready!  Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary and I hope your hair day was fun! Amen, friend. That Bible study sounds like one I could use. I have started doing daily meditation along with prayer during my yoga and it has really made my personal connection stronger! God is good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amanda! It was so much fun! It's been about six months since I last went, and I love getting a little gray coverage added in to my curly hair. ;) This study is so good, and it's so simple that it doesn't take long at all! If you're interested, she better explains it over at womenlivingwell.org. Yes, He is good, all the time! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...