Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  I'm joining up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends for this Friday Favorites post.

The weather has been PERFECT this week, and inspired me to pull out all my fall decorations and spruce up my house for my favorite season.  The highs have been in the seventies, and the lows in the fifties.  I love cooler weather!  Also, I have been saying "sweater weather" for way longer than Bath and Body Works came up with that name for one of their famous candles.

Speaking of....well, more about that in a minute.

I have some actual useful things that are on my favorites list this week.  Usually I post about my favorite happenings, but I thought I'd switch things up a bit.


I'll start with what's for dinner tomorrow night.  Taco soup {and all things soup} are one of my very favorite things about cooler/cold weather.  I could eat soup every night of my life, and never find one that I didn't like.  My friend made the recipe for broccoli cheese soup that I gave her a couple weeks ago, and she's had me thinking about that for a few days.  I'm thinking it'll be on the dinner menu next week.  But taco soup and chicken tortilla soup are my favorites.  Taco soup is so easy to make!  For my family, I brown about three pounds of ground beef, with a little diced onion and garlic thrown in for flavor.  Once that's done, I add in three packets of taco seasoning mix, two packets of ranch dressing mix, about four cans each of corn, chili beans, black beans, and diced tomatoes, a jar or two salsa, and a couple or three containers of tomato juice.  I add water to thin it a little, if I use two tomato juices.  You just let it simmer on low for a few minutes, maybe about twenty or thirty, and I like to serve it with Fritos or tortilla chips.  For toppings, I add sour cream, shredded cheese, and fresh cilantro.

YUM.

I cannot WAIT for dinner tomorrow night.


{Thanks, Google, for your image.}  I love fall.  It is my very favorite season.  I love to decorate for this season, and for Christmas.  I would love to decorate for all the seasons, but realistically, I'm not going to ever do that.  I used to do more when my kids were young, at least with things like window clings for each holiday, but they don't really care about all that anymore.  Fall is my best, though.  Hands down.  And honestly, I combine fall, Halloween {just jack o'lanterns and scarecrows}, and Thanksgiving, and call it all "fall".  I do take the Halloween stuff down the day after.


Here's a hint of what I did yesterday.  I'll show more next week, when I do a little "come on in" tour of my house all decked out.


 I found a new favorite nail polish this week!  I will probably get this color a lot before spring comes.  It's called Suzi and the Arctic Fox.  It's the newest OPI line {Iceland} and I love it.

If you're familiar with any of the older colors, it's similar to Road House Blues.

Of course I know that.

Teenage girls believe that nail polish naming is my super power.


Every fall makes me want to watch Gilmore Girls all over again.  I don't always do that, but I started watching all over again this week.  There have been some days that I've woken up not feeling great or rested, so that's what I've done in the mornings.  And maybe for one whole day.  Maybe.

Every time I watch, it reminds me that this is my favorite show ever.  I think I say that about three different shows, but seriously.  This one wins.


About those Bath and Body Works candles, this one is my favorite.  I know it's so cliche, but I really do love this one.  I don't love the pumpkin flavor (pie, lattes), but I do love the scent when it's added in with another scent, like cinnamon.

These candles make me hungry, though, and that's not great.  But my house smells yummy.


On Wednesday, I went and ran errands with my mom, and one place we stopped at was this fabric store, Premier Fabrics.  It's my favorite fabric store!  I say that like I sew, but I don't.  She does, though!  She has a little upcoming project she's working on, so we stopped for that.  I could look at fabric all day long.  I love it so much, and all these bright colors make my heart sing.


Interesting library book stacks are my favorite thing.  I have been on a reading kick, but sadly, this week it slowed down a little.  I think because of my head and the way I've been waking up each day.  I haven't read as much as I would have liked, but I will make my way through all of these quickly, providing they can hold my interest.  If I don't like a book, I have to put it down.  I don't have time to waste reading books I don't love, and I have no qualms with quitting one if I don't like it after the first few pages.  It needs to grab my attention fast.

I know, I have just caused someone to have panic a little, at the thought of not finishing a book.

It's been a great week, and I am looking forward to this weekend, and spending some time with the Goodwin side of the family.  Thanks for reading my blog, friends!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...