Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.

I cannot BELIEVE this is the last weekend before school starts back for local students around me.  It seems like the date gets closer and closer each year.  I always have mixed feelings about the end of the summer break.  Lots of time I am ready for it to be over because I crave the structure of our days during the school year.  The other part of me will miss the hanging out, the friends over constantly (though that's been less lately, more than ever before), the easy days.

One thing I am always ready for, though?

Fall.

It's my favorite season of all (I think?), and I am always more than ready for cooler nights, camping trips, and all the other Fall things that seem so cozy to me.

It's been a good week around here, with nothing super exciting going on, but here are some of my favorite things I've done or watched this week.


I loved this night.  It was the night we met with our book club, but it was the out in the country edition.  Call me crazy, because I have been watching the Hallmark channel this week, but this reminds me out of a scene of one of the many movies/shows I've watched this week.  The end of those lights end at a small pond.

It was easily my favorite night this week, and the food, the company, and the talk was wonderful.

Speaking of the Hallmark channel, I've been watching season one of this all week.


Chesapeake Shores.  It starts up again Sunday night, and I have my DVR set to record every episode.  I somehow missed out on this last year, either that, or the first episode wasn't appealing to me, but I've spent this week catching up so I can watch season two when I'm done.

I found out that this show is based on an entire series of books.


And that appeals to me even more than the show!  I'll end up reading this series, I'm sure.  Hopefully I'll be able to find them at my local library.

Other things and moments from this week, but not pictured are as follows:

Spending time with friends.  I met one sweet friend for coffee at Starbucks Wednesday night, and though it wasn't long that we had together, it was so nice getting to chat for a bit and get caught up with each other.

Last night we went to a friend's house for dinner as a family, and we always have so much fun when we're there.  They live in the country and the boys LOVE riding four wheelers and just hanging out there.  The food is always amazing (except for when a jalapeno makes my face numb from the spice), and the company is even sweeter.  We always stay late, even though it was a Thursday night, and always come away wishing we lived somewhere out there nearby.

Today my dad is coming over, and I am so excited!  I haven't seen him in WEEKS, so we have lots to catch up on.  And then the same is true for tonight~Jonah, Noah, and I are going to my mom's and stepdad's, for the same reason.  It's been weeks since I've seen any of my family.  Tuesday night is when we get to see the Goodwin side, and I'm equally as excited to see them.

Thanks for reading, friends!  I need to go run the vacuum over all the hairy floors now.  Love to all!


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...