Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals and friends, for the writing of this blog post.

It's been a week!  It's looked nothing like I thought it would look like, but I am thankful we're on this side end of it, and that God has provided for us, and that I've had quality time with Jonah and Noah while Graham and Drew are on the Navajo mission trip.

To start with all this, I need to start with one week ago, from last Friday night, when I attended the bachelorette party of one of my best friends.


This was such a fun night.  We ate dinner at a Mediterranean style restaurant, and then we went to a place called Board and Brush and made really cute wood signs for our homes.

I love stuff like that, and though it was pricey, it was fun to splurge for a fun night with this sweet and favorite bride to be.

I'm glad I had this night, because the rest of the weekend went into a downward spiral, as we found another huge leak and then another leak that got worse all of a sudden.  We had two plumbers out in three days, and hundreds of dollars later, we had the leaks repaired.  Thankfully, we had that money!  We will be reimbursed for the biggest costing one, but it'll be a few weeks.

Home repairs and problems are NOT my favorite things, but thankfully, the Lord is our Provider.


When I got home later that night, the boys had gotten me this cute little pop socket as a surprise!


Surprises that are unexpected and unwarranted are my favorite things.  Also, I love all the colors you see in this picture.




Snapchats and pictures like this one above have been some of my favorite things from this week.  Graham and Drew don't call that much, they don't text, and I never get pictures.  So when they Snapchat, I take screenshots of them, and then I borrow photos that my friends either post or share with me.


My friend Laurie sent this one above to me yesterday afternoon.  She said their mom needed a picture of them, and this is what they did.  Crazies.  I miss them!


Freshly laundered and folded beach towels are one of my favorite things.  Also my favorite, is the fact that even after they've been washed and dried, they STILL smell like sunscreen.  Sunscreen is my very favorite smell of summer.


On Monday morning, when my heart was a little overwhelmed, I settled in to read these truths out of Psalm five.  I'd written them down months ago, but when I was looking for a blank page, my eyes kind of just settled here for a bit.  I love these words!  He listens to our words.  He considers our sighing.  He hears our voice.


I caught Crash doing this Wednesday, and it's my favorite picture of the week.


Reading has been my favorite past time this week.


In a week, I've finished two and a half books.


Swimming is another favorite past time of the summer, and this was a really nice afternoon we spent with my mom in love on Tuesday.

Wednesday and Thursday were both really lazy days, when all I did was read.  I did the minimal dinner prep and we ate simply both nights.  There was no church on Wednesday (which is NOT my favorite) and Todd came home later than normal those two nights.  He leaves Sunday after church for camp to go and set up, then the boys leave on Monday morning.  Graham and Drew get home Sunday afternoon/early evening sometime, and I'll be busy washing clothes for them.

I'm looking forward to next week!  I'm not going to camp, but I'm staying behind to help my friend Abbey get final touches ready for her wedding on Saturday night.  I am so excited for them!

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...