Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Favorites, Little Bit of Everything Edition


Happy Friday, my friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals and friends, for the writing of this blog post.

What a week!  It's been partly slow, partly fast.

I started off this week celebrating one of my very favorite people~my bestie, Missy.

We met and got our nails done, we went to lunch, and we went to eat cupcakes.  It was so much fun, and a great way to start our week off.


The bottom left one is the one I ate.  Chocolate cream.  It's my newest favorite food item.  I told Missy after we ate, I came home and fell into a two hour sugar induced coma.  I'm not even kidding.  I took a nap that was so good, with my house so quiet, that when I woke up a couple hours later, I had forgotten the day of the week.

Those kinds of naps are my favorite.


Seeing "life" happen all over our house is my favorite thing.  I walked into the kitchen Monday morning  and found this scene happening on the table.  Jonah bought this basketball with his birthday money a while back, and it has never touched the ground outdoors.  It's an indoor basketball, and it was quite expensive.

#hismoney


On Tuesday, I went to my favorite place with another one of my favorite people: my mom in love.  This is her neighborhood pool, and when we first got there, we had the whole thing to ourselves!  I love when that happens.

I came home a few hours later, and I found this in the mail!  (Happy mail is my favorite.)


I have three favorite authors, and I love them all equally and love their different writing styles.  Karen Kingsbury is one.  Robin Jones Gunn and Neta Jackson are the other two.


 I couldn't start that book, though, until I'd finished this one.  Reading has been my best and favorite past time lately.

This was one I scored from the library last weekend.

On Wednesday, I had to make a Costco run, and I got to do that with one of my other best friends and her daughter.  It was a fun, and unexpected day together.  We went to the store, came home to drop something off, then got back in the car, rolled the windows down and cranked my summer playlist on Spotify up and proceeded to drive around town and look at houses.


Times like that are some of my very favorites.  I love Annalise's doggie riding in the nook in my backseat.  I also got a car wash on this day.  BONUS!  I love having a car that is spic and span.

Wednesday night church was awesome this week.  It was missions focused, and we learned about several different parts of the world people had been to on mission trips.  My favorite portion of the night was when we gathered all around the team going to Navajo that left today.  I cannot do that type of thing without bawling.


This planner is still my favorite thing.  It's not that full during these lazy days of summer, but I still decorate it up to make it pretty.  I love using it, and it's kinda my lifeline and how I keep things organized in my head.

I wrote all about this in yesterday's post.


I bought a new journal last weekend.  Isn't this adorable?  New journals are my favorite!  I love starting them out.


This picture CRACKS me up.  Todd and I were having a "growth opportunity" last night, and I asked him to hold my hand while we talked so we would be kinder.  His finger was all he would give me.  It's okay, though.  It worked.


This morning at six, the team going to the Navajo reservation in Arizona left in fifteen passenger vans.  They'll drive thirteen hours today (give or take a bit), stop in Amarillo, Texas to spend the night, and then drive nine more hours tomorrow, arriving at this beautiful place tomorrow evening.

Would you be willing to help me pray for them?  Here is how you can pray, if you answered yes:

For Jesus' name to be made much of, for His good news to be spread and for them to be His hands and feet, for divine appointments, for the Lord to use them and for boldness, and for good health and safety the whole trip there, the seven days, and back.  Last year, tons of people were really sick because of dehydration.  (Not from my family, but all around us.)

I so appreciate your prayers!  They will return NEXT Sunday the eighteenth, sometime in the early evening.

Well, that's about all I've got for today, friends.  I'm looking forward to seeing my dad for lunch today, and catching up with him.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

P.S.  Follow me on Instagram at allfiveboys to see more day to day posts.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...