Monday, May 1, 2017

the weekend

Happy May!  I love this time of year...the prospect of summer is always exciting, and I'm looking forward to so many things.   This was a low key weekend...my husband stayed at home to rest up for this week and next couple weekends ahead (he works all next weekend at the Music Fest at Memphis In May), and yesterday the rest of us were at church most of the day.

I am so happy to say that my sweet husband is back at work.  He is such a great patient when he's sick, but when he's home, I feel the urge to just sit and be with him.  I got next to nothing done all last week, because he was home everyday.

Because it's May first, I thought I'd share the scripture writing plans for the month.  I've done this for a year and a half now, and I cannot explain how much I love writing out the word of God.  I just add it on to the end of my quiet time each morning and make it a daily thing.  I didn't do it yesterday, though, so today I did yesterday's and today's, but I try to not get behind.  If I do get too far behind, it's hard to catch up, because some days it's long.  If this is something you'd like to do, here are the topics and writings for this month.



(I'm out of white copy paper.)  I love both of these topics, but I'm doing the one on fear/anxiety.  I always need more scripture on this.  I seriously struggle with both.


I saw my dad Friday for the first time in a few weeks.  We don't want to share whatever was going around with him, so he came here and we went to lunch.  The boys took a separate car and that way, we could sit and talk there instead of coming back home.  After lunch, we made a run to Costco, and then we came to this park and sat and finished talking for our last hour.  I love Fridays with my dad.

That night the older boys went to a movie with their friends, and some of them came back over here for a while after.

Saturday I ran a few errands with Noah.  We washed my car, went to Kroger, then to Target.  That night we went to a bible fellowship class party at our friends' house in the country.  Since Todd and I don't belong to a certain class, this one adopted us and had us out for their fellowship.  (Todd does tech at church, and I am either with teenagers or singing on praise team.)  It was a fun night!  I took ZERO pictures, if you can believe that.


All of this prom and graduation talk has made me reminisce a lot lately, and look at these treasures I found!  We went to senior prom together, my honey and me, and attended each other's graduations.

These are such fun memories that we share.

I mentioned us being gone most of yesterday, and we were.  Last night we went to church and cancelled community groups, so we could hear a missionary share about where they were about to moving, and then there was a question and answer session after.  It was really good, and extremely sobering.  I spent extra time in prayer for our missionary friends across the world this morning, in light of all that I heard last night.


This was from my quiet time today.  I loved what I read in Psalm 149!  Plus, I am currently reading the book Adorned, by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth.  I keep seeing that word in scripture, and I can't help but take note.

Well.  I have a busy day of getting things done around here (bible study homework), errands (grocery shopping), and cleaning up things (vacuuming ALL THE DOG HAIR) around here.  I'll see you back here tomorrow, hopefully.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...