Thursday, May 11, 2017

some music I love right now

I love music.  I always have, ever since I was a little girl.

(I had a thing for the movie Annie, and I'd sing and dance through the whole movie.  I even had a red wig so I could look like her!  I'd perform for anyone, anywhere, I didn't have a shy bone in my body.)

I used to record songs that would come on the radio.  Did anyone else do that?  I had my radio player/cassette tape player, and I'd record music.  After I'd record it, I'd often sit and write out the lyrics so I could sing the whole song.  I'd write, and hit pause, write, and hit pause.

I loved mixed tapes!  It was one of my favorite things to do for people I loved, and I'd make them and give them away all the time.

I feel like all of my growing up years was defined by music, I loved it so much, and certain songs give me flashbacks to my youth.

I'm forty, now, and I still love music.  I even love the music my kids listen to and often sing along with them, if I know it.  I love the time of year when it feels so good outside that we roll down the windows and turn the music up.

These days my preferred style of music is worship music.  I do enjoy some other styles, but if I turn it on, that's what I always pick.

Here are some songs you might find me listening to right now.

I love this one by Selah, called I Got Saved.



I always love Chris Tomlin, and his latest album has been on repeat.  Here are a few of my favorites from the album, Never Lose Sight.







I love Travis Cottrell, and have for over a decade.  I've seen him several times live, and he is amazing.

I love this version of Victor's Crown.



I listen to Christmas music all the time.  Don't judge me, please.  Here are some of my favorites.



,



Those are just a few of what I always have on repeat.  There are more, but I need to get a move on this day.

I've always preferred to listen to music over watching tv, and I have had a kitchen radio for about fifteen years now.  Now I have a bluetooth speaker and a Spotify account, so I'm a little more high tech these days.  I carry them all over the house, and sometimes I even use the aux chord in my car.  I can never listen enough!

Thanks for reading.  Love to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...