Monday, May 15, 2017

Graham's Graduation Weekend

This might be lengthy, I'm just going to forewarn you.

I have to give thanks to God for working out timing details and a lot of other things for this weekend. I am so glad that my sisters Lisa and Debi were able to come in town for the weekend, sacrificing their Mother's day for my oldest son.  Todd's brother Tim and his wife Tracy and their kiddos all came as well, for Graham's graduation, and their oldest son Nathan missed out on his own eighth grade graduation to spend the weekend here.  My sister Trish was MIA at church and lunch yesterday with the family, because she was busy running last minute errands, dropping off food, and getting herself ready for Graham's big party yesterday.

These people spent a lot of their precious time in preparation for yesterday's party, and money, and I am so grateful to them all.  I am also so thankful for all the grandparents that came and spent their afternoon with us, some of my dearest and best friends who came and stayed a while, and some of Graham's dearest and lifelong friends who came after their own Baccalaureate yesterday afternoon.

When I say that I am overwhelmed, I mean it.  I am in awe of all the love that was poured out over us this weekend, and I know Graham is, as well.  He was just about speechless yesterday afternoon as he sat and opened up card after card.  I cannot say thank you enough to all the people who were so involved after making the weekend so special for all of us.

Now for the fun part: pictures!


This is what Todd posted on social media bright and early Saturday morning.  I cannot believe this little baby is now eighteen and has officially graduated.


His graduation was at Bellevue, a huge church in our area.  I love this picture of him against these columns.


And all done.  I love that smile!  My sister Lisa took this picture, and it is my favorite!  It's so indicative of how fast his year went by, but also his last eighteen years.  It's all a blur!  I know young moms get tired of hearing this, but it's so true: the days are long, but the years are short.


My sweet daddy and Graham before the service.  I am so thankful all of our parents were here to see this monumental event.


Oh, Missy Byrd.  I adore you and wouldn't have wanted anyone else sitting and practically holding my hand throughout this whole year, but especially the last couple of weeks.  My kids adore this lady!


I. LOVE. HIS. SMILE.  And his eyebrows look amazing.  His friend Leah took this.


Graham and Rachel~I am so glad they got to graduate together!  It's so much better when you have friends by your side.  I love these two and their sweet friendship.

After this, thirty of us went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.  It was so much fun that I didn't even get one picture.

After dinner, my family, a few friends, and I went to my in-love's house to spend a little more time with Todd's brother Tim and his family.  We came home and I crashed.

After a really great church service yesterday, we all went to McAlister's for lunch, and then, like a whirling tornado, my sisters and mom and step dad came over and we started party prep.  We were cleaning inside, cleaning the porches (front and back), the dogs were being bathed, the yard was being mowed, and all sorts of other fun things.  At one point when all had been finished, I caught Todd hiding in Graham's and Drew's room upstairs.  It was almost overwhelming, all the people here at such an early time, but they made it all super fast and just like that, everything was clean.  I told them we're a new kind of close, because they helped me clean my house.  I am so thankful for them, though!

I know they all died last night when they finally hit the bed.  I know I did!


We were minus Trish, because she was running errands for us.  Here we are at church yesterday!  (Left to right are me, Lisa, Mom, and Debi.)


And here was one food area.  There was a lot more in the kitchen.

It was a perfect weekend.  You know how you have expectations in your mind, of what something will be like?  This far exceeded everything in my mind.  If you were even a tiny part of the weekend, in any way, thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I've spent a good amount of time in awe of God and how He loves on us through our family and dear friends.  All praise and glory to honor to Him, who is the giver of every good and perfect gift (James 1:17).

We love each of you so very much.  Thank you for loving us well in return.

And to any of you reading my blog, thanks for reading.

Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...