Tuesday, May 30, 2017

girls night IN

I love a good girls night, and last night did not disappoint.  I had two very sweet teenage girls over to watch movies with me.  Everyone was gone, but Drew and his friend Andrew were upstairs having a guys night watching scary movies, and we had the downstairs.

The girls came over around four, and ate dinner with us (nothing fancy, just hot dogs, Rotel, and cookies and a dessert that they brought), then we settled in to watch two movies.

The first was La La Land.


This is the third time I've seen it, and I still love it as much as the first time I saw it.  I'll say it again, though, you have to LOVE musicals to enjoy this movie, and I do.  Many of you do NOT and you will hate it.  It's a movie that is full on musical~they break out into song and dance throughout.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE, and I don't know why I don't own it yet.  I know the ending is not expected, but it's still so good.  It's all the emotions.  I feel like I screamed at some point in the theater when I first saw this movie....I know I gasped, at the very least.

After this one, we watched Me Before You.


Do not hate me for watching it.  First off, I read the book over a year ago.  I had no idea what it was about, but seeing that the movie looked good, I read it, and then proceeded to throw it when I finished it.  I thought to myself that I'd see the movie, because Hollywood always changes the ending.  Right?  Wrong.  The movie ended the same way.  I know it's super controversial, because...

SPOILER ALERT...

...Will ends up committing suicide with medical help.  (There's a name for it, that I cannot think of...but there was a story in the news about a girl doing the same thing a year or two ago.)  And yes, I am totally against people playing God with their own lives, and do not think that's right.  But this movie was really, really sweet right up until the end.  I'm glad I watched it, because I liked it.  I told the girls that it's wrong to do that, but they already knew that.  The actress who plays Louise in the movie is PRECIOUS.  I would love to see her in more movies.  I think she made the entire thing.

It was a fun night!  I love girly movies, and I never get to watch them.

I found out last night that I can watch several really good movies right now on Amazon Prime, and that's how we saw Me Before You.

I might "go to bed early" again tonight to watch another one.  ;)

I hope your day is great!  I am going to plant myself at the pool today, so I'm excited about that.  Love to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...