Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday Favorites, Graduate Edition


Happy Friday, my friends!  I knew last week that this week would fly by with lightning speed, and it did.  It's been only slightly crazy, but God has worked out all the timing issues I was having, and it all got done, and then some.  Graham's graduation is tomorrow, and we are beyond excited for him!

I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for this post.

I found this lovely new favorite show on Netflix, thanks to Shay at Mix and Match Mama, and I am officially hooked.  It's called Escape to the Country, and it's an English version of HGTV's House Hunters.


Trust me when I say that it is delightful.  I love how on every episode, they introduce each person or couple really well, they show the surrounding areas of where they want to be and explain some of the history, and they show you a trade that is done nearby.  I love it.  Now, I want to move to England.

I also finished Parenthood (AGAIN), and started a new (to me) show this week.  It's Good Witch from the Hallmark channel.  Seasons one and two are on Netflix and the third is on right now.


My favorite bible study ended this week.  I will do a personal one on my own for the summer months, but for now, we are done with group studies at the church.  I have found that a lot of ladies can't really commit to a summer study, so it's a good time to take a break and study on your own.  We might meet for dinner during the summer, so I'm excited about that.


My favorite part about studying the bible is learning all that God is teaching me and marking it all up when He shows me something new.  I loved reading in Psalm 107 this week for a podcast that I was listening to.


One day this week as I was letting the dogs out, I cleaned up the back porch and then sat and enjoyed the view for a few minutes.  One of my favorite things about this time of year is how beautiful and lush all the trees, bushes, plants, and flowers look.  I love our stately oak trees in the back yard, even though one does make me a tiny bit nervous every time it storms.


Yesterday, we went to the park with my stepdad Bill, his son Trey, and Trey's adorable little boy, Jax.  This is my favorite park!  It's Hinton Park out here in the Ville, and I spent a few minutes walking around to gaze at all the beauty around.


These flowers are gorgeous!  They're Crimson Queen sunflowers, and Jax picked me one.


It withered before I could bring it home, though, so I left it there.

Also, as a side note, my nail polish is my current favorite.  The name is It's in the Clouds by OPI.


I have a thing for bridges and water.  It was such a fun morning.  We ate lunch at La Hacienda afterward.


Two of my favorites!  These sweet ones went to a banquet last night.  It's similar to prom, but it's also senior recognition night.  Graham and Rachel look so handsome and beautiful.  I am not sure if I'm ready for all the festivities...I got so emotional again last night when I was with my sister Lisa at Mom's house.  It was over CUPS, y'all.  I looked at them and read the caption on them, and I got all teary eyed.



Oh, I love these beautiful girls!  I am so grateful to God for how He brought me to youth ministry.  It's been one of the biggest honors of my life to have been with these girls for all of their high school years.


Can we talk about my favorite button ever on Facebook?!  They brought back the thankful button.  You push and hold the purple flower, and THEN THIS HAPPENS.  This is how Facebook has redeemed itself.  I alternately love and hate this social media hangout, but this?  This is good.


I went to pick up my sister Debi from the airport after those prom pictures last night.  My favorite part during all of it as I sat and waited on her flight that ran so late?!  Listening to worship music and having alone time in my car.  I talked to Jesus a lot and listened to my choir cd  over and over.  There are few new songs we're doing that are my favorites.


This was one of my favorite moments from yesterday.  He and Graham were fighting over a wasp, and I was getting onto and listening to them talk about which one was wrong and which one was right, and I was cracking up laughing at the same time.  Every once in a while, they still fight like cats and dogs.

I've been running around like crazy all week, and I've started something new, but I'll talk more about that on Monday maybe.  I am so excited for this weekend!  If you see my crying somewhere, don't mind me.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...