Thursday, May 4, 2017

a(nother) list of random things

I think these are my favorite types of blog posts to write.  Most days I don't have anything substantial to write about that's a new topic, so I love doing these for that reason.

To start off, I'll talk about our new phones.  We all updated our phones a couple of weeks ago, and five of us got the Samsung S8.  Graham is an Apple user all the way, and got the latest iPhone.  In updating all of my apps and such, I somehow am no longer receiving notifications to view my TimeHop everyday.  I've missed so many days!  I am so sad about this.  I love looking back over whatever date it is from years gone by.

I tried to change the settings, but it already said it was set up to give notifications.  I'm at a loss.

I have been loving listening to the podcasts each day over at Revive Our Hearts ministries.  I love Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and downloaded the app to my phone last night.  In doing that, I came across their blog, which I'd forgotten about.  I can't wait to read more, but this post was great!  Here's a link for it: https://www.reviveourhearts.com/true-woman/blog/are-you-content-be-small/ .

If you have time, read it!  Or look around on the website and check out some of the other blog posts.


Todd's friend who he works with, and his wife, had this sweet little baby on Tuesday.  After the senior recognition dinner that night, Graham got a ride home, and Todd and I made a run up to the hospital to visit them all.  Just look at those precious little hands!  Isn't the miracle of life amazing?!  God blows my mind all of the time, especially when I see how perfectly formed little babies are right after they're born.  Even down to the little nails on his fingers.  I couldn't stop holding his hand while I held this little angel.  His name is Jeremiah Wyatt, and his parents are amazing and super proud.  I am so happy for them!

I will confess that I am so glad my kids are all older.  I'm one who prefers teenagers over babies, but this little man melted my heart.  It was so sweet, getting to hold him.  I do love babies, mine were just not content when they were first born, and wore me out.  If I'd had content babies, maybe I'd feel differently.


I took a screen shot of Drew's snapchat from Monday night.  I love this picture!  This was while we were at The Peabody.  I love how Andrew had to lay on the floor for this pose.


I've thoroughly enjoyed reading in Hebrews.  I'm still not done with it, and I've been taking my sweet time.  I love going slowly through the bible and soaking up all the truths that are inside.  I loved this on fatherly discipline.


You know how I get so emotional wrapping a bible study I've loved?  This one will be no exception.  I have so loved this study Redeemed, by Angela Thomas Pharr!


I sat down yesterday to write a note to a friend, and I had the thought that I need to do that more often!  I love encouraging people, and I love receiving mail, so it's even more fun to send some snail mail love and happiness.  Isn't this the best stationary?  It's from Target.  I don't love their cards, but I love their stationary!

Today is a day I'm spending with friends.  Three different ones, from different stages of life.  One from high school, one from a decade ago, and one new.  I'm so excited!  I'll write more about that tomorrow.

I've done tons and tons of laundry this week.  I've cleaned a lot, and vacuumed a lot.  The dog hair is going to be the death of me.  Callie's is THE WORST.  I use the Roomba, the regular vacuum, and sometimes a broom.  It's awful.

Well, I need to go say goodbye to my husband who's leaving in a few.  Have a great day!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...