Tuesday, April 11, 2017

simply Tuesday

The title is so appropriate, because my day is definitely simple.  I've always loved having four kids.  But the part I've hated about having four kids is that when one gets sick, or two, I feel like the rest of us are a ticking bomb about to explode with whatever sickness is being passed around.  I truthfully do not know if it's flu or a viral thing that's going around, but whatever it is, I keep on thinking I'm getting it.  Hahaha...paranoid much?  I'm not.  I'm fine for now.

So while I've been going through old pictures looking for ones to use for upcoming senior stuff, I've been loving  the walk down memory lane.  (Funny sidenote: right past my neighborhood is an actual street called Memory Lane.)   I remember the day this picture was taken...it was on Resurrection Sunday, eight years ago!


This was at our old church, and though the time thing is blocking Drew's face, he had a black eye that was healing.  Everyone kept thinking he had on eye makeup.  (Yes, because we always put makeup on our boys.)  Man, they were cute.  I love Timehop...I say that all the time, but it's true.

Also, look how cute this one was when he was ending fifth grade!  Another funny sidenote: All the outgoing fifth graders had a volleyball tournament each year at the elementary school.  When Jonah and Noah finished third grade, we knew that we would be homeschooling them the next year, and when Jonah was leaving school on his last day of third grade, he was telling everyone that he would see them when he was in fifth grade!  He didn't want to miss that volleyball tournament.  (He never went back, and will never be going back into a brick and mortar school.  God called me to homeschool, and I'm not stopping.)  Also, he never wants to go back.


I love that smile.  I'm pretty sure my friend Sharon took this, but this was NOT three years ago.  I just shared it three years ago, I guess.  Who knows?

My day is pretty slow again...it'll consist of laundry and cleaning and making food for my people.  Especially the one who is sick.  He ate two dinners last night...but it's good to know that he never loses his appetite.  I'll do my bible study homework, and I'll read some more.  I'm making progress in my latest Karen Kingsbury book, but I'll be honest when I say that this series about Angels isn't my favorite.  It's good, though, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't compare to all her other book series.

After that one, I have two new ones (to me) by Jan Karon, and then I'll go back to the Yada Yada Prayer Group series books.  Is anyone else picky about authors?  The book HAS to grab me from the first few pages, otherwise, I can't commit.

I might also go to bible study tonight, but I'll wait and see how Drew is today and how everyone else is at five thirty.  I have an internal debate with myself going on about this topic.

Well.  That's all I've got for this beautiful Tuesday.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...