Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I know I keep saying this, but these weeks are flying by with lightning speed.  I have so many deadlines looming before my eyes, it is all I can do to keep up.

I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals and her friends for this post.


You're about to see a theme that will tie in to this post, but these are just one small area of azaleas that are blooming at my dad's house right now.  Actually, this was last week, when my sister Terri was still here.  These springtime flowers all over the place, and all the beautiful lush colors are my favorite thing about this season.  My poor Graham totally disagrees with me, because all that beauty is making his allergies go nuts.

I love my Timehop app, and this week I saw one of my favorite images from the internet via that app.


I am doing a bible study on the subject of Redeemed, and this kinda reminds me of what I've been studying and reading in Psalm.  There is nobody and nothing I love more than Jesus and studying His word.

Also, books are my favorite.




A friend shared the top one with me yesterday on social media, and I came across the second saying on Facebook, when I've been browsing through all my old pictures.

I scored big time at the library's used book sale yesterday.


These will keep me busy for a while.  There's a lot of heavy reading in this pile of ten books.


This bush at my mom's house is one of my favorites that I've seen all week.  This was Saturday night when the younger boys and I went to their house.


Another favorite image from the internet this week was this one above.  If you don't follow Dave and Ashley Willis on social media, you should go do that now.  I love what they write, and what all they share about marriage.


I took this picture on Monday morning.  My favorite time of week is on this day when I sit at the table and pray and read my bible, and then I take my planner and start writing out things I need to remember and do that week.  I love my planner that I got back at Christmas, my Big Happy Planner.  You can find them at Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  After I write all the stuff down, I pray over it all, committing my week to the Lord, asking Him to use me and to help me be a good steward of how my time is spent throughout the coming days.  I also write down all my prayer requests somewhere on the pages for that week.


Monday was my favorite day this week, because it was Drew's birthday!  He is now a seventeen year old.


I made the dinner he requested, and then as a surprise, I had all his best friends come over to celebrate.  It was loud and crowded, but this was such a great night.  He was so happy.

I also had fun with him during that day, driving him around while he got things done to his truck, and stopping to explore this old abandoned building.



Noah and Drew were with me and went inside and walked around.

I had fun with my mom on Tuesday, when we got an unexpected day out together.

We ate lunch and ran errands and I bought this new soap in the bright bottle.


Yummy smelling soaps in cute bottles are a favorite thing of mine.


And Taco Tuesday was a hit and my favorite dinner from the whole week.

I love Mexican food and could eat it every day of my life.


I told you about that theme of beautiful colors in the flowers that I keep seeing.  Spring is my favorite season!  The new life reminds me of the new life we have in Jesus, when we believe in Him and put our faith in Him.  (You can have it, too.)

This was at church, right after Abbey and I prayed together.


Lastly, is this picture.  On social media I said that I don't love when my kids are sick, but I do enjoy getting the extra opportunity to care for them and love on them.  I took this while Noah was asleep yesterday, and it's one of my favorite pictures from the week.  Crash loves getting the chance to cuddle with whoever is sick and tries to absorb their sickness by sticking with them all day.  I love dogs for that very reason.  Noah was coming down with something yesterday, and hopefully will feel better when he wakes up today.

It was a great week.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...