Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Favorites, Senior Graduation and Sick Hubby Edition


Happy Friday, my friends!  I cannot believe we're down to the last few days of April.  It hit me Tuesday night (when Missy told me) that on Monday, May starts.  I know it's redundant, but I cannot believe how fast the time is flying!  I know having a senior doesn't help this.

That being said, this was a weird week.  My husband has been home sick every single day this week.  If you know him at all, this is a huge ordeal, because he NEVER misses work.  Never.  It's just a bad sinus infection that he got a shot and antibiotics for, but I am ready for the poor thing to feel better!  Bless it.  I told him that I need him back at work, though.  I don't know why, but I'm super lazy when he's around.  I get done the things that are necessary, but nothing more.  It's weird, because he's a great patient, never whiny or needy.  If anything, I probably bug him to death because of how often I ask if he needs anything.

I'm linking up with Andrea and friends for this post.

Here are some favorites from this past week.




My favorite senior on the planet.  I think I finally narrowed my favorite senior pictures down to these three.  I pick up his invitations today and will have them in the mail by tomorrow and Monday.

I have to turn in his grades a little earlier to allow time to process the request for his diploma (homeschool problems), so I did that today, and once he finishes that last chapter of math, he is officially done with high school.

I still can't believe I have one about to graduate.  It's an emotional time!  Even if our lives won't change all that much, it's super emotional.


The twenty third Psalm is one of my favorites, and a short chapter I committed to memory last year.  I posted this picture on Saturday last weekend, and a few days later, unbeknownst to me, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth started a series of podcasts on this chapter in Psalms.  A friend of hers, Damaris Carbaugh, is the one speaking on it.  It's really good, if this interests you, and you can access it by going to Revive Our Hearts Ministries.

Also?  I love, love, love Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth!  I am currently reading her book Adorned right now, and savoring every page.  Which means, I'm going slow.

I'm a really fast reader, in case you didn't know.


Sunday is always one of my favorite days.  I love our church home and family, and I am so thankful that I get to serve alongside some pretty great friends.  That being said, Sundays are busy!  On this particular day I was there at eight a.m. with Todd, and so that I could practice for the praise team at eight thirty.  I had my second cup of coffee for the day in the car, on the way there, and when we got there, he went in and I sat and finished my cup.  This picture was taken later the same day, at two forty five, when I had to be at choir at three.  I left a little early so I could sit and drink this once I got there.  It was freezing that day!  I had to pull out a winter sweater.  This cup was helping me warm up.


Monday's quiet time.  I always love a long time spent praying and reading God's word on Mondays, after a busy weekend.  Monday mornings are also when I spend extra time planning out my week and committing it all to the Lord.  I lit this candle and have since thrown it away, because I burned through the rest of it so quickly.  I'm in need of some new candles!  I might have to make a trip today and remedy this.  I love candles, and how they smell and give off a cozy vibe to my home, and I burn them all year long.

I met Christa at the park this day to get the cd she put Graham's pictures on, and then Noah and I went grocery shopping.


I saw this on Facebook and immediately cracked up.  Miss Congeniality is one of my favorite movies of all time, and this line is amazing.  I loved every character in this movie!


I was praying for a friend this week, on Tuesday morning, I think, and I mentioned this verse to her without the reference because I couldn't remember where it was found.   Then either later that day or the next morning, that was where I read in my quiet time in Psalm.  I love when the Lord drops a verse in my heart, and how kind of Him to show me where it was the next day!  Actually, I think it was two days later, but the point is, that God hears.  I prayed this verse over my friend that day, asking Him to heal her broken, hurting heart.

Times like that are some of my favorite moments.

Tuesday night was Bible study night, and that is always one of my favorite weeknights.

Wednesday was BEAUTIFUL outside, and I met my bestie Christa and her little girl at the park with Jonah and Noah for a picnic.  I got a couple pictures, but I only posted to Instagram and don't feel like getting them from there to here right now.  If you follow me there (allfiveboys), you can scroll down until you see the park-like setting.

Also?  I've been posting more to Instagram this week and less to Facebook.  I'm kinda frustrated with FB again...I'm not really sure why, but I love Instagram and all the pictures.  I guess that's why~I love pictures more than rants.  So, to see more of my week, follow me there.  I can see this becoming a thing.


I needed to make a Costco run yesterday for some coffee, when I realized it wasn't a good day to lounge around a pool, and my mom went with me.  We got our nails done together first, then went to this yummy little restaurant called La Perla Tapatia.  This tortilla soup was the best bowl of soup I have ever had!  I want more.  I'm considering trying to make a copy cat version.  It's definitely my newest favorite Mexican food entree to eat.  I could eat Mexican food every day of my life.

Seriously.  I have had Mexican food four times already this week.


Yesterday afternoon after I got back home, the boys and I and a friend of theirs went to Bellevue to pick up their caps and gowns.  I didn't cry!  I did all that on Monday night, so I kinda feel like I got it all out.  I'm so excited for Graham!

After this, we met my in-love's at our favorite chicken place, Abners, then we came home and later on, Graham and Drew and two of their friends went to the Grizzlies game.


I snagged this off Drew's Instagram.  I'm assuming they had a great time, but I can't say for sure.  They're still sleeping and I was in bed when they came home.  It was well after midnight.

Well, that was our week.  I don't know what the deal has been lately with me not blogging consistently, but hopefully next week, I'll be back at it more frequently.

I'm excited to see my daddy today!  It's been a couple or three weeks.

I hope your weekend is wonderful!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...