Monday, March 6, 2017

weekend recap


We kicked off our weekend Friday afternoon with my dad.  We have this gorgeous national park in the middle of our city, and recently, they've made tons of changes.  One thing they changed was this lake that used to be really small.  They added more to it, and it is HUGE.  It was a beautiful day on Friday, even if it was a little cool, but we took advantage of the day and walked around a bit.


There are these big wooden lounge chairs that can hold two people, and Dad and I did this while the boys ran around.  They tried skipping rocks until I had to tell them to quit throwing the big ones in the lake, then we watched a group of balloons float away and tried to watch it until we all thought our eyes started burning.

#funtimes

We headed home after this and Dad stayed for a while longer, then I got up to make some cheese dip and hot fudge sauce for our game night with friends that night.  We played games with them until about ten, then came home.

On Saturday, my handyman of a husband changed the back brakes on my car, and the boys cleaned out the garage.


This was a picture he took, and I know it doesn't look like much, but trust me when I say that IT IS.  All of that floor space was filled with junk, but now we have a nice little path around things, and they cleaned off and organized the shelves.  We ended up selling that red tool cabinet you see on the far left, and we're also selling the weed-eater in the middle.  All the stuff on the right is our camping gear, and there are four bikes on a big rack under the rakes.

That night the older boys went to a friend's house out in the country, and Todd, Jonah, Noah and I went to Osaka (again) for sushi.  After that, Todd drove me to Claire's for some sterling silver backed earrings, because all of a sudden, my ears don't like the fake stuff.

We were at church yesterday morning and last night, but in between, a couple of really sweet girls came over and spent the afternoon with us.


And Rachel and Crash did this the majority of the time.  They love each other.

It was a great weekend, ending in an amazing night of worship at church last night.  About halfway through it, my voice just stopped making noise, and all I could sing were really low notes, but it was totally worth it.  I've been working on a sinus infection for about a week now, and I feel fine in the daytime, but bad in the morning and at night when I try to go to sleep.

Today we are spending the day at home doing a lot of nothing.  Well, they'll do school work, and I'll do laundry, but aside from that?  Not much else.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...