Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday Things

This week has been the complete and total opposite of last week.  Last week was busy and almost everyday was filled to the brim with things, and this week....well, not so much.  I'd love a happy medium, but that's not usually how things work in my life.  I'll take this, though, because next week is the week leading up to that weekend's D Now, and it'll be full and busy.

Speaking of D Now, this is a weekend long discipleship type weekend with youth and youth leaders.  It's like a retreat, but we stay in town, at host homes.  We eat our big meals at church, and we're at church a lot.  We will have services Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night is when it all ends.  Will you pray for this with me?  For the leaders, that God would prepare our hearts as we lead discussions; for students, that relationships with God will be renewed or started for the first time with a lot of heart change; for the health and safety of everyone involved; and for God to start a spiritual awakening within our church, starting with the teenagers.

Thank you in advance.


I'm really excited for that weekend...this is something my kids LOVE, and as a youth leader, it's one of my favorite things to do with the students.  I have a tiny bit of trepidation, I will confess, because for the last TWO years, right after this weekend, I have gotten incredibly sick.  I know it has nothing to do with anything, but still.  One year it was bronchitis and asthma stuff, last year it was the flu.  My entire family got sick last year, starting with Todd, then Drew, Graham, me, Jonah and it ended with Noah.

I've been taking a LOT of vitamins since November.

I tried something new the other day...Drew asked for green tea, and upon researching it, he wanted tea bags, not the actual bottled kind that you drink cold.  So I bought some, because I've been wanting some too, and I made a cup the other day.


It was acai, blueberry, and pomegranate green tea.  It was okay.  It tasted bitter by the bottom of the cup, so maybe next time, I'll use a little honey to sweeten it up.  I'm not sure...I've never been a tea drinker, but sometimes I want something hot in the afternoon and I don't necessarily need the caffeine.

I'll keep trying until I like it more.

But isn't my mug adorable?!  I love it.  It was a birthday gift I picked out for my mom-in-love to give me.

Speaking of her, today the boys and I are heading to her house around three thirty for dinner tonight.  Todd will meet us there.  Before then I'm going to pray with my friend, and I'll come back home and do laundry and vacuum (most likely).

It's really cold here today, so we're having taco soup for dinner and grilled cheeses for those who prefer that.  It's a great night for soup!  I miss the cold weather and wish it would stay longer, but tomorrow it's back up to the mid sixties.  THIS is why our heads kill us all the time.  I do not love Memphis weather.


If you are searching for a great song to worship to, I highly encourage you to listen to this song.  I've had it on repeat for about two weeks now, and I can't seem to stop.  My kids have memorized it by now, I've listened to it so much.  It's not a new song, but it's one I'd forgotten about.  The first time I heard it was when I attended a Living Proof Live conference by myself two and a half years ago.

Well...I need to fold the clothes in the dryer, so I'll be done with this exciting post.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...