Thursday, February 2, 2017

from my quiet time

The Lord has been showing me some stuff in my life lately, and I thought I'd share on here what I'm reminded of so often.  One thing I always ask of God is to show my sin to me.  Let me assure you that when you ask Him something like that, He will definitely be faithful to answer in that way.

I do NOT like what He shows me, but I'm glad He does, so I can confess it to Him and ask His forgiveness and for Him to change me, and then move on from that.  I do this because His word tells me to.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

Also, I see all the time how prideful I am, and how I often have selfish motives.  Who in the world wants that?!

Not me.  Hence, this post.

I was up early this morning to shower (because hair washing day is a huge ordeal) and while I was in there, I was praying.  Lately I've been praying using this acrostic.

A-adoration (praise)

C-confession of sin/repenting of what He reveals

T-thanksgiving

S-supplication (praying for others)


I am so likely to be caught up in drama, y'all, that it is seriously embarrassing.  I needed this exact verse last night and read it right before I went to bed.  I love its reminder to let my adorning be the hidden person inside of me- a gentle, quiet spirit.  I don't need to defend my opinions, or be quick to jump in when I've been wronged, or even when my kids have been wronged.  Sometimes I need to rise above a situation and just let it go.  My husband reminded me of this last night...that's why I started looking for this verse, to read what God's word said on the subject.

Speaking of him, I am so thankful for the wisdom of my husband.  God has been using him in my life a lot lately, in subtle ways.

 
I love what I read this morning in Psalm 103, verses 17-18.

But from eternity to eternity the LORD's faithful love is toward those who fear Him, and His righteousness toward the grandchildren of those who keep His covenant, who remember to observe His precepts.  

These verses just reiterated the fact that the Lord hears my cries to Him, and His love is FOR me, never against me.  This love toward us is for those of us who who are believers, who keep His covenant, who observe His precepts (His word), who fear Him.

There is nothing that is surprising to Him, nothing He doesn't understand.

I was very thankful for these reminders this morning.

I am also very thankful for how He uses issues in my life, whether big or small, and how through them, He refines me.  His word says that in 1 Peter 1:7.

...so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  

This is just one small part of my quiet time this morning, but it was so wonderful that I felt like I needed to share it on my blog.  I pray that God will use this in the life of someone who needs a little bit of encouragement, or for someone who feels like He may not be listening to their prayer.

His ways, His thoughts, His timing...it is all perfect.

Thanks for reading.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...