Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, my friends!  We have lots on our agenda this weekend, and I'm excited to start the weekend off.  I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and a few of her friends for this post.

First up on the list are these fabulous and fun young ladies God placed in my path several years ago.


This was such a fun night and weekend with some of my most favorite people on the planet.


We could have fun sitting in silence together, I promise.  We love each other that much.


Just look at all these people!  Youth ministry is my favorite thing about my life right now, other than my family that lives in my house, and I am so thankful to get to be a part of discipling this next generation.

Don't look for me in this big group picture~I'm not in it and was already headed up to choir when they were taking this.


This was us by Monday night.  Seven thirty, snoozing respectively from our places in the living room, my favorite in his spot and me in my chair.  Of course, I woke myself up by snoring, and got up to grab a cup of coffee and then went to bed shortly after.  We were BEAT.

He much more so than me.

All his nights ended after midnight last week, starting that morning and ending that late.

I recovered after my day of rest and went grocery shopping on Tuesday, for a few essential items.


I got a few of these puppies.  Grapefruit is a favorite for Drew and me.  He likes his for snacks, and I like mine for breakfast.  We both LOVE the juice.  Random fact: when you cut the grapefruit the wrong way, you can eat it in sections, like a big orange.  I made sure to cut mine the right way this morning for breakfast.


This is my favorite image from the internet.

#truestory

I told you how I woke up before the sun yesterday, and that's when I watched this week's episode of This Is Us.  I needed to be alone to watch it so I could pay attention, and hear, and not be made fun of for crying over a show.

I'm not kidding.


This color is my new favorite.  I might get it again, I like it that much.


This image is my second favorite from the internet all week.  This was the rainbow on Monday night after the rain, and those three crosses are at a church here called Bellevue.

I LOVE RAINBOWS.


One of my favorite things to do is to memorize Scripture.  I'm kinda embarrassed that I'm going so slow, but I want to be realistic.  These are my four so far for 2017.  I love all these in the HCSB version of the Bible.


Favorite timehop picture and throwback all in one.  This was a fun night last year, when Missy and I had the (not so) brilliant idea to chaperone a high school girls only lock-in at church.  Those girls that wanted the lock-in and begged us to do this?  They all FELL ASLEEP by like midnight and this one and I were forced to do crazy things to stay awake all night.

We are too old for this.

We also started the lock-in waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too early in the evening and I seriously did not think the night would ever end.  I went home and slept until like five p.m. after this and took three days to recover.  (Not really, but it was rough.)

Oh, the things we will do for the ones we love.

We are always voluntelling the other to do fun things like this.

That was about it for our week.  We did lots of school work, we cleaned the house, we rested, we ate together, we laughed, we had a sweet friend over all of Thursday afternoon, we were at church, and with friends, and today we are ending our week by going to the zoo with my dad.  It's been ages since we've been, so I'm excited.

Also, I thought I'd share a little more about Crash.  He did live the rest of yesterday and I stopped being irritated with him eventually, but then after dinner, you will never believe what he did.  Jonah and Graham had left, and Drew and Noah were backing out of the driveway to go buy ice cream for me, when I hear this noise (as I'm washing and drying dishes) and a lot of racket.

Y'all.

Crash had jumped up onto the storm door and opened it when a dog was walking by our house and he ran out there to sniff and jump on the poor lost thing.  I don't know what I would have done if Drew hadn't picked him up and carried him in, because I ran out the door with dishes and a towel in my hand.  Crash WAS NOT listening to me in the least, and thankfully, our neighbors were cool about the whole thing.  They were trying to catch a dog that was lost and were so sweet about trying to help me get him to listen.  Finally Drew just manhandled him in his arms and brought him in and I banished him to his timeout spot for the next two hours.

This dog is reverting back to his puppy days and we might all not survive.  And by "WE", I mean Crash.

I could write an entire book on this dog.

Crash's Very Bad Day.

I even have a cartoon image for it.


I was messing around with the camera on my phone yesterday and took this, I'm sure at another time when he was in trouble.  I just thought it was cool.

Well.  Happy day to you.  I'm off to the zoo with my monkeys.

Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...