Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  This week hasn't been super exciting here, but I'll recap some of my favorite, simple moments from throughout the last seven days.  I'm linking up with some other bloggers at Momfessionals for this post.


Journaling has been a favorite activity of mine as of late.  I love these little journals that came in a three pack from Lifeway, and have already filled up half of the first one you see sitting atop my Bible.  What do I write inside?  Well, I keep track of where I'm reading everyday in my quiet time.  I write down the verses for that day's scripture writing plan.  I write out five things I'm thankful for everyday.  If I listen to a podcast, I sometimes take notes inside.  I make notes from nonfiction books I read.  I write down ideas I have for blog posts.  I keep a list of books I want to read.  I take sermon notes on Sundays.  If I see a quote I love somewhere, I write it down.  I sometimes write out the lyrics to songs.  See?  I fly through them.


One favorite thing I've written are the five things I'm grateful for throughout the day.  I have a bit list in a spiral notebook that I add them to from my journal, but I love doing this.  It helps me find moments of good throughout even a bad day.  There is ALWAYS something to thank God for, right?

I don't have a picture, but a favorite thing of mine from this week was at our church on Sunday and Monday.  We had Bryan Osborne here from Answers In Genesis, and he spoke for two days at a conference on how to defend our faith.  It was wonderful, and by Tuesday night, I missed it.  My kids loved it too, and we went to every session.  That is six sessions in two days, seven for Noah, because he went to an early morning one on Monday that the rest of us did not attend.


Tuesday had us shopping for shirts for Drew, Jonah and Noah, and running to Kroger.  I made my family's favorite dinner on this night, and that is how much we had left.  ZERO.  This is Dorito chicken casserole.  It's so easy to make, and it's delicious.  Basically it's shredded chicken, cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, rotel, cheese and it's covered with Doritos.  You layer it like you would a lasagna, starting with the Doritos and keep going until it's full.  It was a hit.

With teenagers, you know how good it was based on how much is leftover.


This tops my list of favorites this week.  My niece Erika had twin girls on Monday, and they're all doing so good!  They're still in the NICU, but they're little miracles.  Praise God!


One of my favorite things to do is study the Bible, and on Tuesday night, we are starting this study with a group of ladies at church.  I'm so excited!  I went to Lifeway on Wednesday to pick up my copy, and I went to Costco for a few essentials.


So, we saw this bed at Costco, and bought it for our cat, Twinkles (no, we did not name her).  She hates it, I'm fairly certain, and it might have to go back.  But what kitty wouldn't love this amazing bed?  She's crazy.  It has a roof thing, that I figured she would love, so the dogs would leave her alone.  She has been in it a few times....I'm hoping she'll come to love it.  It's so soft.  This was Jonah's idea, by the way, for our most favorite cat ever.  She is such a cuddle bug, so that was why we bought this thing.

Crash has only tried to lay in it once.


I think I've posted a similar picture every week of this year so far.  I can't help myself.  This is my favorite planner I've ever had, and it's the least expensive.  I love how it's so blank when you get it, and you get to fill the pages and be creative.  This definitely makes my heart happy, sitting and writing and decorating this thing.  I'm pretty sure the family thinks I'm weird, but that is okay.  I write down every little thing for a few reasons.  For one, you never know when you'll need to know when something occurred.  I write down meal plans, too, to help me be more organized.  I want to buy some more fun things to use in this soon, with some of my leftover Christmas money.

It's Create 365, and it's called The Happy Planner.  Google it.


I love this old church that's now a museum.  I love our town square.  It's one of my favorite things to do in our little town...walk around the square, or drive around it and take pictures.  It never gets old.


This is one of my favorite things I saw online all week.  I've had lots of good stuff flood my social media outlets, and I am so thankful.  I'm so tired of all the usual garbage that the news shows always talk about...I choose to keep my social media outlets uplifting.  I follow a lot of really inspirational people, and this is probably where I saw this and shared it from.

Well, Drewby and I have eye doctor appointments this morning, so I need to wrap this up.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I'm making Dorito casserole this week too! I cried as I read your journal...it just filled me with such thankfulness. Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is so good, hopefully your people loved it as much as mine did. Thank you for the sweet words, and for taking the time to comment. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...