Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Come on in! Christmas tour 2016

I love Christmas so much, and I love seeing how people decorate their homes for the holidays.  If that does not interest you, you may want to get off this site now.  ;)  It it DOES interest you, then come on in!  I'll show you around.

(I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.)

Every year, we decorate after Thanksgiving, but for the past three years now, my husband has gone in to work with the sheriff's department on Thanksgiving night.  So while he's gone, the boys and I haul everything out of the attic and get to work.  He's always surprised when he gets home at how much we got done, and they even go ahead and decorate the outside for us.  It's pretty awesome, having their help, because I know it would not get done nearly that fast without them.  I am so thankful for how the Lord made my boys so kind and compassionate and willing to help.  Well, that and we always just made them.

Our Christmas tree is what they concentrate on.  They assemble it, they fluff the branches, they string the lights and we all hang on the ornaments.


I love how pretty it is at night with the lights dimmed and the tree glowing.

Also?


I love having my quiet time in my chair, by the light of the tree.  Every other time of year, I sit at the desk in the living room or at the kitchen table for my quiet time, but at Christmas time, I sit right here and pray and read the Bible and gaze upon the twinkle lights.


This was me today.  Did I mention I'm loving this season of Advent?  I printed off this reading plan from The Daily Grace Company.  I put the link there for you, but I couldn't find the free printable when I searched.  If you cannot find it and are interested, leave a comment and I'll take a picture of it and post it.


Here's a glimpse of my kitchen table.  I love the runner, my mom gave it to me.  The candle is the one I talked about in my Friday Favorites post from last week, and the cute napkins you see are some my mom made for me!  I love them.


I love my mantle decorations from last year, so I bought some holly with berries from Hobby Lobby and strung it with my lights and called it a day.


Notice the creche.  One with the people and one without, because the dumb dog will NOT STOP EATING THEIR HEADS.  Ugh.

We finally put them up and I left the creche.  I figured that was better than nothing.


I can't share pictures from my home without showing this Santa.  It's Todd's favorite thing of all, because of that Alabama A on him.

I got some other pictures, but they didn't turn out that great.  I have my dining room and kitchen decorated, but minimally, and I have a couple of other touches throughout the house.

Go check out some of the other blogs linked up with Andrea from Momfessionals!  I plan on doing that same thing.

Thanks for coming into my home!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...