Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Monday night and a prayer for this election day

 Last night was one of my favorite women's events that we have annually at church.  It's called Tablescapes, and usually it's more Christmas-y and really gets you in the spirit of the season.  Last night was equally beautiful, though different from any other year before.  It was more a HOPE filled night because of all the junk we are currently seeing in the world around us.  I saw some beautiful tables, though, and thought I'd share.


 This table was my very favorite.  I love the simplicity of it and the reminder that everything we do, every day of our lives and not just during the Christmas season, is all about Jesus.  His birth, His life, His death and His resurrection~all of that and the fact that if we believe in Him and confess our sins and call on His name is what brings about our salvation.  It's that simple.

And yet, it's also that powerful.

The baby that was in a manger (not really, it was more of a trough) went from a meek and humble birth and life to being KING JESUS at the right hand of the throne of God.

Praise His holy name.

Alrighty, moving right along.

I loved my friend Kelly's table!  I love mason jars and I love snowmen and cute decorations.  The "snow" is fake snow and the lights are little battery powered LED lights from Amazon.



This was what it looked like up close and during the day time.

Isn't it adorable?  I'm going to try this in a few weeks when I put up my Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving.



My mom and I decorated our first table together, though really, it was more Mom than me.  I loved it, though, and the inspiration came from a magazine.  I love the burlap and the silver and white.  The churches are inexpensive ones she purchased from Home Goods or Hobby Lobby, that we painted white and sprinkled with snow.  The tall one in the middle is one my talented step dad made.  We used my plates from TWENTY YEARS AGO that Todd and I registered for and Mom's silver chargers.  The floral sprigs are all out of Mom's giant collection of stuff like that and she added her special touch.

Isn't it pretty?  It was sparkly and magical, all lit up at night.  The top picture is from the day time when we were there and had just finished decorating.

I had the immense honor of having my two moms there with me.


 Aren't they beautiful?  But more than on the external, their hearts are what makes them more so.  I am so blessed and thankful to have them.



Such legacies they are setting for our family.


I loved the stage.  A cool God thing that happened was that these letters were purchased before we knew what the theme of the night would be.  Kim Hill came and sang for us and she titled it A Night of Hope.  I love how God works in all of the littlest of details.

And this leads me to the rest of my post.

Y'all today is election day in our country, and never before have I seen and heard of such despair around me.  I have prayed and prayed and prayed for our country and will continue throughout this day.  I asked the Lord to keep me in a prayerful and reverent mindset all day.

A good friend of mine who is a missionary with her husband reached out to me this morning and asked for prayer.  Their kids are targets for bullying today because this election is a hot topic around the world, and because of who their parents voted for.  She specifically asked me to pray for four kids, their two and two of their friends.  But then she made a good point.  If her kids are being targeted, how many other missionary kids are being targeted?

Will you please join me in praying today?  For our nation, for our world, and for these friends?  I don't want to share their names and locations to honor their privacy, but God knows.

At the end of my quiet time everyday, I write out verses from my scripture writing plan.  And because the Lord is everywhere and knows all things and sees all things, that plan took me to Philippians 4:4-9.  I'm going to write it out here for you to read for yourself.

Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!  

Let your graciousness be known to everyone.  The Lord is near.

Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise--dwell on these things.  

Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

God is so good, my friends, and ever faithful.  I have hope in Jesus Christ, not in this world or in anyone who wins the election tonight.  He alone is what can save us, not any political party.  Jesus is King.

Please join me in praying.

Love to all.

P.S.

I'm sharing some ways to help you pray for today that my pastor gave us on Sunday:

1.  Pray for God's kingdom purpose to be done in this election and in the future of our nation.

2.  Pray for God to bring spiritual awakening to our land.

3.  Pray that God would save Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and move them to live lives of righteousness.

4.  Pray for God to open doors for us to share the gospel as a result of this election.

5.  Pray that God will be glorified in the church as we seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.

6.  Pray that God will be glorified in His church as we submit ourselves to the governing authorities.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...