Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Favorites, anniversary edition


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post.

This has been a great week!  I love it when that happens, because it's not all the time that it goes like that.

Here are some of my favorite moments and a few things from the past week.


Traveling to Murfreesboro to spend time with our dear friends and old neighbors was one of my favorite times from the week.  It doesn't matter how long we're apart, we always pick right back up to where we left off.  Katie, Travis, Myles, Zander, Caleb and Ellie are friends that are like family.  They lived next door to us for years, and we were always just walking right in to each other's houses.  We also camped with them twice a year for at least two years in a row.  Something about camping with people bonds you to them for life.  We've seen each other at our best and at our worst.

This one time while we were camping in the Ozark mountains, and in thirty something degree weather no less, Noah got sick with a stomach virus in the middle of the night.  I was so tired of going in and out and in and out of the tent with him, so we grabbed our sleeping bags and pillows and lawn chairs and just went and camped out in the bathroom.  At one point, around three a.m. or so, Katie walked in and just about jumped out of her skin when she saw us sitting there.  I have never laughed so hard.  Well, maybe not right in that exact moment, but surely the next day, I cracked up.

I couldn't help but think as I drove the three and a half hours to see them, that they should just come back so we only have to travel through the yards to get to one another.


My new favorite nights at church are nights just like this one.  On Sunday night, we had a night of nothing but praise and worship, and it was awesome.  I have heard so many people say that they've never felt so close to the Lord, and I couldn't agree more.  These hands you see raised?  They all belong to the youth.  They sat up front and it was so amazing seeing them participate in the worship.  I am so thankful for our worship pastor and friend.  This is what is always on his heart, and it's a beautiful sight to behold.


On Monday we were out of so many things, including COFFEE, so the boys and I went to Costco.  I got a couple of kinds of coffee.  One kind is a new kind, for our coffee pot, and the other kind are these red K cups you see in the drawer.  This red kind is my favorite coffee in all of the world.  I wish they sold it by the pound, but they don't.  It's just the Kirkland brand of coffee, and it's called Pacific Gold.  It's a dark roast, which is why I love it so much.  I love my coffee piping hot and strong enough to walk on its own.

Also on Monday?


I splurged and bought myself the latest copy of Southern Living (my favorite magazine), came home and brewed half a pot of the new coffee I'd just bought, and sat down at the kitchen table to do this.

Heaven.


This lawyer's cabinet is my most treasured and favorite piece of furniture that I own.  I spent Tuesday catching up on Bible study homework and relocating this.  In doing that, we had to do some serious sorting and cleaning out.  I still have baskets of books in the back of my Suburban, but I can't force myself to give them to Goodwill.  I'm thinking about just going to see friends and seeing if they want them.  I would much prefer to give them to someone who will love them like we did.


Wednesday was my favorite day of the week.  That morning, Abbey, Missy and I went out to a retreat center and camp to tour the property before our upcoming girls retreat.  It involved me driving a little utility vehicle and having a blast.





So much fun.

Unfortunately, after this morning out, my stomach was upset for the rest of the day, and I stayed home from church.  We had Mexican for lunch, and the tamales did not like me as much as I liked them.

I saved the best for last.


Celebrating TWENTY YEARS with my lobster on Monday night and Tuesday was my favorite.  We went out to dinner Monday night and had the most delicious meal, and came home and let our boys finish it.

Tuesday was our actual anniversary.


Did you catch my Friends reference?  If not, no worries.

I love him with all of my heart and am so grateful that I get to call him mine.

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Totally caught the Friends reference :) Thanks for the tip on the coffee - i'll have to give it a try! Your day with the Southern Living magazine and some coffee sounds absolutely delightful!!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...